The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » What to discover inside a card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
MAJOR overkill if you ask me!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Revisiting the question of what to find "inside" a card.

I was thinking of something like this for an effect.

You have a selection signed, then make the signature vanish. However the card is now thicker, a bulge in the middle...

which when it bursts out is found to be the signed selection.

Kind of an "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" type moment. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Josef K
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Josef K
A) If a queen, you can perform a Caesarean and bring out a healthy baby boy mini card, maybe the next King of Hearts (which incidentally was previously forced). Cut the umbilical cord, hand out the king-to-be. It would be great if it was a custom-made cute Baby of Hearts!

b) If any court card, you could peel the clothes off… Smile

c) Claim to make a bill penetrate through a deck of cards (or a single card maybe). Something goes wrong and the bill partially gets stuck inside the card.

Josef K
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
110 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
If you want to make a whole routine out of it, you will have to be careful. I would feel uncomfortable by having, for instance, a coin signed and then made to disappear. THEN the magician picks up the cards, has a card selected and the coin found.

I like the story about Doug Henning better. The routine comes full circle back to the matchbook used to light the flash paper etc.

Also, the torn and restored card idea sounds cool. Maybe you could have your card restored, but without a piece, or mismade, (maybe without their signature...or with a fake, smudged, signature...) After taking it back, rip open the belly, unfold the card and hand the original back to them. But get rid of the other mismade one. "As if it never existed." (Just don't say that out loud.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » What to discover inside a card (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL