The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Numero by Magic Wagon (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2019, Raymond42 wrote:
Mine's due for delivery this week. However, I've noticed a couple of private purchaser's have already got their's up for sale. Wondering if I've made yet another costly Magic Wagon purchase mistake?

It is "sold out" since Thursday on the Magic Wagon website. It is still available from a few selected retailers.

The reviews so far have been excellent... Check for yourself in the Secret Sessions area (you need 50 posts to have access, you're almost there!)

I don't see any set for sale on the Café at the moment (you need 50 posts to get there too)...

Do you refer to this ad on a British forum (magicweek)?

“Mental Numero By Magic wagon New £575. Magic Wagons best release ever. sold out everywhere. 10 of 10 scores in world magic magazine
G.S from Norway”

If so, please check the asked price before concluding... Occasionnaly, some guys might buy 2 or 3 to make quick money.

Simon Smile
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
Thanks for your comments Simon. Yes, I was referring to that posting on Magic Week and also another, asking a more reasonable amount.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
The other one at £375? This is still much more (73% more) than the retail price of $269.95.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
The £375 offer is a trustworthy seller the other high price offer looks like a scam offer !
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2019, Magic Dust wrote:
The £375 offer is a trustworthy seller the other high price offer looks like a scam offer !

No matter who the seller is, it remains an attempt to make a quick profit rather than a sign that the trick is not good.

Simon
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
Good points - fingers crossed I'll add Mental Numero as a performable effect to my collection, rather than to a 'For Sale' posting!
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2019, simcoscor wrote:
No matter who the seller is, it remains an attempt to make a quick profit

That's obvious at a price like that ...
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Obvious for who?

Quote:
On Sep 8, 2019, Magic Dust wrote:

Trustworthy : full of integrity, truthful, honorable, principled, incorruptible, ethical... Smile
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2019, simcoscor wrote:
Trustworthy : full of integrity, truthful, honorable, principled, incorruptible, ethical... Smile

This is an extended topic that you are addressing, I meant it only with regard to the

MW trick that is in good condition and will be sent, what not always is the case ...
Robert Houdin 78
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Robert Houdin 78
A trustworthy seller who obviously wants to rip off people. Couldn't be clearer.
Firestorm60
View Profile
New user
U.K.
44 Posts

Profile of Firestorm60
See one is advertised for £450 and the seller is very very well known magician
Guess Magic is turning into a business like any other.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
If someone is still interested in Mental Numero

Magic Pegani in Denmark has still some in stock
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2019, Firestorm60 wrote:
See one is advertised for £450 and the seller is very very well known magician
Guess Magic is turning into a business like any other.

The same seller had advertised it for £375 a short time ago, which I found very borderline

But this new price is clearly no longer appropriate to express it in a more defused way ...
mentaldiego
View Profile
New user
Spain
60 Posts

Profile of mentaldiego
Currently sold out in magic wagom, but it looks very good and if you can examine everything as it says it seems very interesting

in magic pegan is available
Firestorm60
View Profile
New user
U.K.
44 Posts

Profile of Firestorm60
I bought one last week and was delivered within 4 days from the well known wizard dealership beginning with M last week at£ £269 and they still had a few left . The £575 I saw was on on MW. I have used the seller advertising it many times before and so is not a scammer selling fakes.
It occurred to me later had someone kept it for 10 years and then put it on for the higher price as a collectors iwould there be such a fuss.?
Or is itthe price and the fact it someone has bought them to sell it on with only profit in mind that is annoying us. Reminds me of touts
Buying up concerts tickets with no intention of going to the concert.
I have around 13 magic wagon items and only dip in to them now and again and was drawn to this one more around the hype. The effect itself is well made as expected you have to be careful of angles. Not my favourite of them but that’s a personal thing..
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, Firestorm60 wrote:
The £575 I saw was on MW.

"MW" being Magicweek in this case, not Magic Wagon of course... Smile
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
If the box is handled properly, angles will not be a concern.

Please keep in mind that although you know what is taking place, the spectator does not. So, angle concern in some cases is a result of being self conscious.

Of course, if one performs it several times without any problem, my claim will be verified.
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
Received mine today - first impressions, it's heavy, beautifully constructed and I'd be happy for mine to be examined. However, not sure it'll be a performance piece - they put numbers inside, I pick up box and reveal numbers - more of a puzzle. In my opinion it needs 'something' extra to elevate it into the realms of magic, maybe even to be a 'magician fooler' - time to get that thinking cap. However, love the classy look of the props and feel it has potential to pack quite a punch.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2019, Raymond42 wrote:
...they put numbers inside, I pick up box and reveal numbers - more of a puzzle.

I agree Raymond: we should NEVER present this kind of “divination” that way (even if that's what we did when we were kids Smile).

The way I present it, I first introduce a locked chest containing - supposedly - a prediction.

But at the end, the only combination that can open the lock on the chest corresponds to the 4 digits number secretly chosen by the spectator...

For the details, and for many more approaches that give justice to this beautiful prop, join us in the Secret Sessions area...

Simon Smile

P.S. Remember, we have a contest going one until Sept. 22 on this one!
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
Interesting - will need to build up required posts first
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mental Numero by Magic Wagon (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL