The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » East Coast Spirit Sessions Six! (62 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
Joe, We spoke by phone many years ago. I look forward meeting you in person. Your suggestion were very insightful. See you later in the week, Vince
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1893 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Looking forward to the livestream on Saturday. I will cover my concept of Academic Magic and perform a number of signature effects, and then engage in Q and A.

Exciting!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3318 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, DrTodd wrote:
Looking forward to the livestream on Saturday. I will cover my concept of Academic Magic and perform a number of signature effects, and then engage in Q and A.

Exciting!

How do you receive the live stream?
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
6 hours away

Doc
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2512 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, DrTodd wrote:
Looking forward to the livestream on Saturday. I will cover my concept of Academic Magic and perform a number of signature effects, and then engage in Q and A.

Exciting!

How do you receive the live stream?

You go to ECSS and watch it as one of the sessions.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
On the way! I should make it in time for the end of the world!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3318 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, DrTodd wrote:
Looking forward to the livestream on Saturday. I will cover my concept of Academic Magic and perform a number of signature effects, and then engage in Q and A.

Exciting!

How do you receive the live stream?

You go to ECSS and watch it as one of the sessions.


If I am there, why not just watch it without streaming it? Sounds confusing to me.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1893 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, DrTodd wrote:
Looking forward to the livestream on Saturday. I will cover my concept of Academic Magic and perform a number of signature effects, and then engage in Q and A.

Exciting!

How do you receive the live stream?

You go to ECSS and watch it as one of the sessions.


If I am there, why not just watch it without streaming it? Sounds confusing to me.


But I will not be there, hence the livestream from the UK to Myrtle Beach Smile
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3318 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2020, DrTodd wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2020, DrTodd wrote:
Looking forward to the livestream on Saturday. I will cover my concept of Academic Magic and perform a number of signature effects, and then engage in Q and A.

Exciting!

How do you receive the live stream?

You go to ECSS and watch it as one of the sessions.


If I am there, why not just watch it without streaming it? Sounds confusing to me.


But I will not be there, hence the livestream from the UK to Myrtle Beach Smile


Makes sense. Since I can't go it is too bad I can't live stream myself and be there. lol
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1893 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
The session went well and was recorded. It included Wittgenstein's Beetle, Cogito Ergo Sum, Machiavelli's Prince, Icons, The Ring of Gyges, and Roderick's Diary.

Stay tuned.

Best wishes

Dr Todd
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
179 Posts

Profile of Station10
I had a wonderful time at ECSS. It was great to see old friends and make new ones. The lectures and workshops were great (including mine ... at least I hope) the performances were incredible. Participating in the Screaming Goat was fun and big congratulations to Stefano for winning the Goat! Until next year ...
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
That was my 5th ECSS and I had an amazingly fun time! The whole production is top notch and well organized. I too got a chance to compete in the Screaming Goat competition and had a lot of fun. Congratulations to all that participated and especially Stefano! Next year is already on my calendar. See you then.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2470 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Had a great time this year. Always awesome catching up, my workshop was well received, and I even sold some books! Can't wait for next year - already making plans.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
656 Posts

Profile of Winks
I, too, had a fantastic time. A highlight was being inducted into the Cult of the Hexadic (those who have attended 6 ECSS). I also performed for the first time in The Screaming Goat and had an absolute blast. Next year!!
Winks
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
656 Posts

Profile of Winks
Some highlights among the performances - and my apology to any I miss, but these stood out for me - Jim Kleefeld conducting a seance for his Aunt Clra (absolutely brilliant), Brian detecting ectoplasm in the Screaming Goat, David Parr with everything he did, David and his imaginary friend in the Screaming Goat, Lothar's workshop, Tiffany the New Georgia Wonder, Rich's Alchemy, and Stefano's Screaming Goat. Those really captivated me for the originality and presentation, Thanks to all for making it a really memorable weekend.
Seance
View Profile
Veteran user
Talking on the other side with
392 Posts

Profile of Seance
I'm also recovering from the drive back to my lair and wanted to say that I had a fantastic time at ECSS VI. Getting inducted (not indicted!) in the Cult of the Hexadic was a moment not to be forgotten. Having conversations with others that are members of the Café, Kevin, Shawn, Brian, Jim, etc. was great and the lectures were all informative. The shows were all top notch and congratulations to Stefano winning the Screaming Goat and Brian getting the nod to perform at Poe's Magic Theater! Kevin's delightful routine from 'Pentalogy' was creative in displaying on stage what is essentially a close up routine.

I'm sure Rob is already thinking of the designs for ECSS VII. He showed me how he had designed the medal for the Hexadic and the pin for ECSS VI and the hidden meanings of the various portions of the images. Fascinating!

Thanks again to Richard, Vlad, Steve, and the others for organizing, hosting and making sure all of us had a great time at ECSS.

Looking forward to next year.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1279 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Many thanks to all that came to our strange family reunion (ECSS 6)
thank you for sharing your time, and performances and choosing to make the pilgrimage, we look forward to seeing you all again and hopefully those that didn't get to make it we have inspired you to join us next year
Vlad
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
232 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
This year was my first ECSS, and it certainly won’t be my last.

I still cannot believe the amount of fun I had, and I was humbled to learn so much and to make new friends.

This certainly is a one of a kind event, and I can’t wait for next year! I may even have to enter the Screaming Goat

Sean
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1893 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2020, DrTodd wrote:
The session went well and was recorded. It included Wittgenstein's Beetle, Cogito Ergo Sum, Machiavelli's Prince, Icons, The Ring of Gyges, and Roderick's Diary.

Stay tuned.

Best wishes

Dr Todd


The recording is 62 minutes long in total and will be offered through Gemini Artefacts...

Best wishes

Todd
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Delaware
546 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
Image


For a very, very short amount time, to celebrate the huge success of ECSS, Bizarre Hauntings will be selling tickets for just $75! Only 20 available. First come, first served!

The conference will once again be in the elegant and historic Lord Baltimore Hotel! From Septemeber 10th - 13th, 2020!

https://bizarrehauntings.eventbrite.com and find out more at www.bizarrehauntings.com
VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
Effects for sale: www.shadowbizarre.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » East Coast Spirit Sessions Six! (62 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL