The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming Soon - Totally Free Will by Mark Chandaue (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Hurry up! 😀
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Received the foreword from Deddy Corbuzier.

Long ago I created a principle that I called free will... A little concept in mentalism that I knew would make a big impact in the world of mentalism… Of course in the right hands...

Right after the effect marketed, many mentalists and magicians around the world used the effect, adapting it to some of their own routines, perfecting it...

They put a little twist here and there... And some even sold it under their own name…

Some contacted me… Some... Well... No!

But despite that… I have never seen anyone put their mind and effort into this principle and effect like Mark has...

He is not just perfecting the method… He has completed it...

If I said before that I knew this principle will make a big impact in mentalism one day... Then this is it...

I wish I thought about this before Mark had made the whole routines and effects in this book...

I am proud of it..

And thank you Mark for making this little Gem Glow....

Deddy Corbuzier
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Wow what a testament from the legend himself .
Congratulations Mark , I loved the 3 chapters you kindly let me review , and your Deddycation ( pun intended ) to everything you do is second to none .
Looking forward to grabbing one for certain on its release , highest recommendation from me Gaz 🙂
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Several people have asked whether this is available for pre-order.

I am not personally a fan of pre-orders but some seem to like them. After Timon’s book sold out in less than a week I guess I can understand it. Mind you, whilst this will be a premium quality hard bound book it is not going to be a limited edition.

Sure the initial print run isn’t going to be massive but if there is sufficient demand there will be a second print run. If the demand isn’t there then I guess it will be self limiting.

I will not open this up to pre-order until it is with the printers and I have a cast iron release date. I will not take any orders until I can guarantee it will ship on the date that is advertised.

As to pre-order bonus, there will be one which is as yet to be decided. It will most likely be an as yet unpublished effect. This will either be a preview effect/chapter for Harpacrown Too, or it may be an effect that is neither in my current lecture or planned for HC2. It will be an effect I use and will be of the same practical and workable material for which I am known.

It may even be a video download as I want to look at making a few downloads in the future.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
I'm intrigued. Looking forward to this release and some reviews.
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
I'm a bit late to the party on this, having been off grid for a while, but I spoke to Mark about this project a while back. It is definitely destined to be a classic book - nobody that I know has explored this effect more than Mark, and the ideas that he has come up with for it are excellent. I'm very excited to see the finished version.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Just a little update. The book will be off to the printers once Phill Smith has finished working his magic. The book has expanded slightly since my initial post. The book consists of 18 chapters and is a similar size quality and style to the Harpacrown Collector’s Edition. As a result this will be released as a collector’s edition only. However as there is no standard edition this will have a standard edition price tag.

Mark

Click here to view attached image.
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I have only read 3 chapters so far:

Free balling: No more ambiguity on who reads the prediction
Free Will Rock You: Rock Paper Scissors, evolution starting from Jimmy Finger's Free Will of Order.
Lunch for Two: for those that know, know what is being used here.

I have had a chance to road test these 3 effects from Mark's new book, and the best out of the three, at least for me is Free Will Rock You.

Cant wait to read the rest of the material once my book arrives.

You cant go wrong with Mark's material. Easy to read, good illustrations, easy to follow and understand.

If you are a fan of the free will plot, this is out of the box thinking, or better yet a re-imagining of the free will plot you know, but these routines/variations makes them so much better.

More later.....

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Just a little correction Free Will Rock you has no similarity to Free Will of Order but it was inspired by someone else’s idea which he applied to Free Will of Order. The element from that routine that inspired this routine wasn’t from Jimmy’s routine.

Free Will Rock You is one of my favourite routines in the book though.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Any release date yet?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I should have an official release date very soon. The book is now in a print ready state but I am waiting on one final contribution which I am expecting in the next 24 hours or so. Once this has been dropped in then this will go off to Haresign Press and I should get a delivery date for the books. Once I have that I can set a realistic release date that won’t slip. At that point I can give a release date and open pre-orders.

Due to waiting for a solid date for release the pre-order period is likely to be very short. I expect to be able to set a release date by mid next week.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Mark shared one of the ideas from this new book at The Magic Circle dealers day and whilst sadly, I didn't get the chance to get a full lowdown on the project, what he did show me was absolutely genius! Honestly such a brilliant idea! I cannot wait for this to come out!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Talking of genius Jamie has a new switching envelope that is absolutely brilliant and would come in very handy for some of the effects in this book.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
A little more news!
In addition to the chapters listed in the OP there are also contributions from Mick Wilson, Drew Backenstoss and Patrick Redford. There are 16 versions in total including a version that can be performed over the phone. Now whilst there are many different presentations/effects, at the core they are all essentially the free will effect. As a result you can mix and match the methods to create entirely new versions. Likewise you could apply some of the thinking behind these to other effects.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Mark, this just keeps getting better and better with every post of yours! Smile

Free Will was a game changer when it came out, and has continued to be the foundation of many wonderful routines. I've personally used it a ton, maybe more than any other method, and I cannot wait for Totally Free Will to arrive! Wishing you best success with this release, sir.

Seth
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Thanks for the vote of confidence Seth, I am absolutely certain that you will find several versions in here that you will like, and at least one that you will love. The book is now complete, the last chapter just needs to be formatted and the print ready file needs one round of proofing. One correction to my prior post, there are 15 versions not 16. I mistakenly counted the chapter that details the construction of the 2, 4 and 6 way envelopes as a version. Total word count is 36,977 not counting any copyright messages and chapter headings. I should have the final page count in the next few days but it is in the 200 page ball park, well between 180 and 200 pages.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Looking forward to read it - Will you consider creating a facebook community for the books reader to discuss further routining.
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Looking forward to this, any idea of date of release?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
More than happy to create a facebook group and this is one of those projects where I think the group could be quite active as some of the methods and presentations are very flexible and interchangeable.

Should have a release date any day now. The last touches are being added to the formatting an illustrations. As soon as the file goes to the printers I will have a delivery date and based on that will be able to announce a release date. However we are talking very soon, I am hoping to have this released by the end of November.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Excellent news. Like so many, I am very much looking forward to this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming Soon - Totally Free Will by Mark Chandaue (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL