The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Production of Car » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Hi,
I am working on the launch of a four wheel drive in mid July. I have a few ideas and have done a few launches. I am looking for anyone who would have a practical working plan and would be willing to work on the launch with me.
Regards
spkrosky
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of spkrosky
There are many methods on doing the illusion (including those available commercially). It most likely depends on the performing area (stage, convention center floor, outdoor parking lot?) and your budget. Do you have any ideas yet on how you would like this to look?
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Talk to Gerry & Leonora Frenette.

http://www.magicmakersillusions.com/
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4859 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Owen Magic Supreme has that effect in their catalog. Try Owenmagic.com or http://owenmagic.com/Illusions/Illusions_6/illusions_6.html
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22659 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As your consultant for the Appearing Car, how much do you want to pay your consultant? Please send me my 1st Class plane ticket to wherever you are located and we can get started right away. Consulting fees range from $50K to $100K. Looking forward to doing business with you.
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Profile of Beaudini Magic
Wow, you're the man!
-Beau Alexander
"Make the Path, Others will Follow"
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
In June of 2002, I produced the very first Toyota Camry to roll out of the lot on a parking lot for Dick Poe Toyota in El Paso. The very first Camry nationally to roll out anywhere for that year.

Dick Poe was chosen because they were the number one Camry Dealer in sales for the previous year.

We successfully produced the vehicle which, was given to a gentleman from the audience when his freely chosen card was found to match the one found in the glove compartment of the vehicle. The gift of the car was a play on the word "Card". He didn't believe it when I told him that he could keep the "Car" He thought I had said, "Card".

I tried to locate his card in the deck and when I couldn't, I produced the Camry and told him to look in the glove compartment after the amazement of the car production settled.

Here are some of the logistics for doing such a thing.

24 hour security to protect the vehicle and the method from prying eyes.

$25,000 worth of Media Marketing to hype the rollout.

Fence Rental, Industrial Equipment Rental

Staging area involved moving 67 vehicles offsite to another location and remain offsite for 7 days.

Two and half weeks worth of setup, testing and rehearsal for the timing on site.

Secrecy Contracts for the Dealership employees and associates.

Budget Response Delays "B.R.D's"

I was very happy to be the person selected to perform such an "Epic Illusion" for Toyota. A few representatives from other dealerships were on hand as well as the National Account Representative for Toyota.

The media was on hand.

We had a blast performing this "Epic Illusion". The whole time we worked on it from the very first day, I knew this was a once in a lifetime event for me. This was my "Epic Illusion"

It was deemed a success by the folks whom paid for the event. The media reported positive remarks.

If you have a budget to work with please contact myself?

If you are still dreaming then, please consider the factors, I have mentioned?

Here's to your Great Success! Have fun!
r2

P.S. The card was forced. The dealership wished to have a past customer "Win" the Camry. The Free Car was never mentioned in the Pre-Event Marketing to eliminate the "Contest Factor".
Amazing Binky
View Profile
Loyal user
Lancaster,OH
221 Posts

Profile of Amazing Binky
I can only turn a car into a driveway.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7385 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I helped do a Maybach (sp) and a Mercedes but my fees are even higher than Wm.'s.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Whoa guys I do know of many existing methods in addition to my own ideas. I am looking for someone to help me fine tune a bit. I will pay 50k when Las Vegas calls me to take over when DC leaves but for now I am only looking at email correspondence and of course a fee but none so big.

Hi Michael, I do know of Gerry's method and am actually planning to do the reverse. I had emailed him a while ago and am waiting for a response.
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Mr. Silverfields jargon and his "launch in july," seem like common english to me. What is the issue Mr. Hegbli, dsilverfield just needs a little guidance/advice. If your fees are truly that high, I am suprised that you are soliciting business over the magic Café. Good Day
-Beau Alexander
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
A little guidance and advice is exactly all that I need. Just someone who could help me fine tune my ideas. Thanks for the post beaudini.
Gerry Frenette's method looked fine in the bginning but I don't think the reverse will work for a huge four wheel drive. I am working on other options.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22659 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Launch means to set off into the wild blue sky or it may mean to display a new vehicle for Ford, GM, etc. at a trade show.

Launch does not mean 'appear'. If you mean by launch that you want to perform it in the month of July that is another thing altogether.

If you have done a few launches, does this mean prototypes? You have not given any info on where you will do this effect. Stage, outside, auditorium, surrounded, what?
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Of course "Launch" does not mean appear. However, maybe for veterans like yourself I should have put it more clearly.
I have definitely performed Illusions for Product Launches where the Products appear, Morph or Float.
Never have I sent a four wheel drive up in the air, neither during a LAUNCH nor while driving.
I intend to make a Car appear for a Product launch of a four wheel drive. It will be done onstage in a Hotel Ballroom {I GUESS}. In fact the client has asked me for an option on the venue. It will not be done surrounded as in OPEN AIR but I intend to bring audience volunteers to surround the platform where the Car would appear and I do intend to use stooges.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
Michael Lee
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Michael Lee
Hello all

Interesting forum....Now that we have tipped any Tom,Dick or Harry that fellow performers do in fact use S----es, I can hardly wait to see what else will be given away on this site, so freely.

dsilverfield here is some advice: Use your head when giving details. LESS IS MORE.

Michael Lee
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Jeez I don't know how I did that. I am extremely sorry if it will help and Lee I do understand your point.
Sorry again. My Fault
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Thanks Farrell. Need all the help I can get. Do check your email. If you don't get it by today then please P.M me. Thanks buddy for the offer.
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Why do we have dsilverfield apologizing here. He asked a simple question which anyone can answer. We all know what he meant by the word launch, and don't need certain people, picking apart his every post. It seems to me that we have some "big shots" here, spending a bit too much time reading into simple posts.
-Beau Alexander
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Hiya there Beaudini. It is like this: Most of the people in the forum are definitely helpful but then I have also seen some "Veterans" treating newcomers and others who they think are newcomers differently. I was definitely not offended by Farrell at all. He made a good point and I accept my fault but then there are these others who are not going to help in any way but they just join in to sort of you know "Bully" or at least they think they do. In fact, I have had a lot of folks emailing me with ideas. I will be the last person to ask for a method in an open forum. I simply needed some advice and some fine tuning. Anyway the event is on and I am working on it. Thanks Beaudini.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I think dsilverfield was apologizing for using the word "Stooge" in his earlier post.

I choose to treat the Café like I would the public Library. If people take the time to seek out knowledge, it should be rewarded. Saying the word "Stooge" is hardly enough to warrant the "EX" word. Hey I always liked those guys, especially Curly. It's good to see you were able to recruit a few to help you out.

FYI, there were many Stooges over the years, performing live in theaters all over the country. Only the big three (four if you count Shemp) are remembered due to their landing the movie roles.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Production of Car » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL