The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Twilight Angels and others...? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1621 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I realised that I am building up a little collection of cards which can be left with a spectator as "Impossible Object" souvenirs.

Twilight Angels is, IMO, the daddy of them all.
I also love Anniversary Waltz, and I'm going to have to go for Steve Gore's Together Forever.
I have had great reactions from Torn, Twisted and Restored.

I'm looking for more suggestions!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4215 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Michael Ammar’s Albo Cards is great.
James Went’s St. Elmo’s Opener from his Alakaxam lecture (using Will Tsai’s Trace) is wonderful.

Agreed on Twilight Angels, I have been through quite a few refills Near and dear to my heart as it got me my first paid gig.
thecromulent
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
169 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
What a great idea for a thread!

I love Anniversary Waltz too, and if Twilight Angels was available in Bicycle, I might be doing that as well. One that I would _not_ recommend is "Lit." A selected card travels to the inside of a matchbook. Not that the card is stuck into the matchbook, but the matchbook is unfolded to reveal that it is the card itself. It's a cool effect, but the spectator is left with a card that has a normal face but is printed on the back to resemble the outside of a matchbook. The only logical question that they can be left with, especially when pondering the card on the sofa at home, is "where did that guy get cards that are printed to look like matchbooks?" Unlike TA or AW, the unusual configuration isn't part of the effect, but more of a necessary step in achieving the effect. I don't perform this one anymore.

Evan
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
580 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Diamonds Are Forever, Rick Lax
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1621 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Here's what I do to solve the "Twilight Angels not available in Bikes" problem.

I switched to Mandolin backs! Honestly.

TBH, I don't always carry Mandolins. If it happens that I've only got Bikes, then I put a Mandolin DB on top of the TA card, either from my pocket or have it there from the start. No one ever notices the change. Never. And I seldom do tons of card tricks anyway.

I know what you mean about "Lit". If there was a way of doing it signed it would be better. They claim on the ad that there is, but I can't imagine it's very clean...
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7511 Posts

Profile of pegasus
thecromulent
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
169 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Quote:
I switched to Mandolin backs! Honestly.

So do you use the line about angels on bicycles?

Quote:
I know what you mean about "Lit". If there was a way of doing it signed it would be better. They claim on the ad that there is, but I can't imagine it's very clean...

There is a way to do it, but you have to do a sort of modified mercury fold. I practically rolled my eyes when I watched that part of the explanation video.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3084 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
My "Crazy Ace Matrix" which I have printed up by the dozens at "My Playing Card Company" makes a good souvenir and with a Name and Address label stuck on it, gets future business.
And Qua-Fiki's Matrix Mix which is done with business cards instead of playing cards is something I can print up on my own computer & printer:

Then there is the old stand-by "Out To Lunch" redone in full color
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
732 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Off the top of my head, there is also:

Face Off, Ron Salamangkero / Siamese Waltz, Bennie Chickering
One Card Link (O.C.L.), Ben Williams
Conjunction, Joshua Quinn
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
Tornimation by Menny Lindenfeld is a good one that leaves the spec with an impossible souvenir. I also like Rejoined Express by Julio Montoro and João Miranda
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4668 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Twilight Angels ARE still available in rider back.

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......-angels/
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
thecromulent
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
169 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2019, Poof-Daddy wrote:

Oh wow! Thanks for the link! Not cheap, though.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
899 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Albo card!
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
238 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Stretch Cards by Duane Williams...
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4668 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2019, thecromulent wrote:
Quote:

Actually it works out to just over $1 per card which for a working magician is nothing as a wonderful memory to pass out. But yea, I’m not working several days a week anymore so I will stick to other “impossible objects” I already have to pass out. Twilight Angels is a crazy awesome memorable effect though. I had a deck or two in blue at one time.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
thecromulent
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
169 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually it works out to just over $1 per card which for a working magician is nothing as a wonderful memory to pass out. But yea, I’m not working several days a week anymore so I will stick to other “impossible objects” I already have to pass out. Twilight Angels is a crazy awesome memorable effect though. I had a deck or two in blue at one time.

Agreed. The price-per-card is reasonable, but that calculation only holds if you're going to use up the whole deck. As an amateur, I would probably only ever us 10 of the cards, so the price-per shoots up.

Evan
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of baobow
Interesting topic
Additions to what has been mentioned above:-
Lit by Dan White
Altered States David Regal (not a walk around effect though)
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
192 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Blake Vogt Regeneration
ku7uk3
View Profile
Inner circle
1775 Posts

Profile of ku7uk3
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7511 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2019, thecromulent wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed. The price-per-card is reasonable, but that calculation only holds if you're going to use up the whole deck. As an amateur, I would probably only ever us 10 of the cards, so the price-per shoots up.

Evan

So why bother with bikes? It’s makes not one ioter of a difference to specs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Twilight Angels and others...? (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL