The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street Magicians In UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Gemini
View Profile
Regular user
England
116 Posts

Profile of Andy Gemini
Is street performing far more popular in USA than UK?
I know there are street performers in London and Covent Garden in particular but I have never seen many on my travels around the UK.
I certainly cannot think of any famous ones other than Gazzo, who performed mostly in USA anyway.
HofzinsersFan
View Profile
New user
Scotland
48 Posts

Profile of HofzinsersFan
I dunno, I used to travel the UK from Aberdeen to Cornwall (best place for summer!) And all over town's and cities as there's just so many. I was earning good, busking with nothing but an acoustic guitar and my voice. The time was the end of the nineties... Whilst there was never a LOAD of magicians doing an act in the street there were some places that are just great for street acts and so that seemed to be where I'd see them. I hope others can chip in here and help cos my memory isn't what it used to be, went to so many places, so many parties, etc.
One place that stood out and is a great place for encouraging street acts and shows of all kinds is BOURNEMOUTH! Down where the path takes you to the main beaches there's a huge area for pedestrians that used to be covered in various acts every day,evening and sometimes late if it was warm. Newquay in Cornwall was another place. Both of these locations always brought me big money!
I just don't know if it is still the same although I'd be very surprised if a place like Bournemouth changed its relaxed attitude towards street acts.
Tunbridge Wells is another place..!
Are you thinking of doing this, already started? Or just curious.?
Smile
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

.Smile What do you mean you don't read?

"You cannot BUY a TRICK.
TRICKS, somewhat like music, only exist while they are being PERFORMED.
An EFFECT cannot be BOUGHT either. An EFFECT is what the spectator perceives.
You need to read FITZKEE. --There are only nineteen EFFECTS"
- Dick Oslund, 2019.
Andy Gemini
View Profile
Regular user
England
116 Posts

Profile of Andy Gemini
Thanks for the reply. Well to answer your question, I am curious but have watched a couple of DVDs on street magic and it just seems so big in America. No reason why it couldn't be the same here I guess.
HofzinsersFan
View Profile
New user
Scotland
48 Posts

Profile of HofzinsersFan
I suppose there's no reason why not. Except perhaps that English reservedness. Or Pink Floyd described it 'Quiet desperation' Smile Smile
Americans really do seem to get into it more easily!
Anyway, I highly recommend you get into Bournemouth and go down to the beach front to check out a great place full of street acts where you'll always get some magic (in my experience). I googled it and it seems theybstillmwelcome street acts and get a lot of them!
If it isn't too far, take a trip there and maybe it'll inspire you enough to join them.
Smile
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

.Smile What do you mean you don't read?

"You cannot BUY a TRICK.
TRICKS, somewhat like music, only exist while they are being PERFORMED.
An EFFECT cannot be BOUGHT either. An EFFECT is what the spectator perceives.
You need to read FITZKEE. --There are only nineteen EFFECTS"
- Dick Oslund, 2019.
Andy Gemini
View Profile
Regular user
England
116 Posts

Profile of Andy Gemini
Thanks for the advice. When things get back to normal I will have to take a trip!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street Magicians In UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL