The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Passing of a wonderful guy, Gen Grant (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
For those that may not have heard, General Grant passed on July 20. This is very sad news especially to those of us that knew him personally. He was 87 years old and in spite of failing health kept very active. May he rest in peace.
Where the magic begins
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Gen worked the first magic convention I ever performed at many years ago. A class act and a class guy.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yes! A class act, and a really classy guy.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I saw his obituary in The Linking Ring & I was very sad. He was a great guy. I bought many things from The General through the years. His magic & those colored doves made a great impact on me. I still have the M.U.M. from 20 years or so ago with him on the cover. That article taught me some things that I still use to this day. I got to tell him how much he influenced me & he sent me an autographed 8 x 10 photo of the M.U.M. cover photo. I am thankful I told him because it seemed to cheer him up. I will cherish that photo more than ever now. I have a lot of his dove products, lecture notes & DVD. I still open some of my shows with his Ribbons To Dove. He will be missed.
Mister Mystery
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I am trying to locate biographical information to separate U.F. Grant (1901-1978), who was also nicknamed Gen or General, with General Grant, the dove magician who died in 2019. Genii magazine's Magicpedia doesn't even mention this Gen Grant in their biographies. Can anyone refer me to other links where I can find references to his inventions to add to my Brief Biographies of Magic Inventions on The Magic Nook?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
What I have on-line so far:

Grant, General
(1932 - 2019)
General Grant Murphy, Jr. was an accomplished dove magician who was known only as General (or Gen for short) Grant, whose name was often confused with U.F. Grant (also called Gen Grant) by many magicians. He is best known for his invention of the Dove to Silk vanish using formal magician's tuxedo tails. He produced a video (now on DVD) called "How To Make A Living Stealing... Doves of Course".

Any additions or corrections?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Losing the General is a loss to magic.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Passing of a wonderful guy, Gen Grant (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL