The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spark - self-lighting Candle for CLOSE UP! (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
kelvinkind
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of kelvinkind
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2019, topherhester wrote:
Question about the candle. In some pictures the wick looks like a normal candle wick. In other pictures it seems there is a large nozzle (big enough to draw my attention to it at least) that the wick comes out of... Wondering why it appears in some videos and not in others and how noticeable it is.

Hi there!

About the wick, Kindly note that on top of the candle, there is a small nozzle that keep the wax and the wick separate. This is to make sure the wax won't block the wick from delivering the fuel to the top.

About how visible the nozzle is, you can see the photos on our website. We purposely take photos from 45degrees so you can see how it looks like on top.

From my experience of using it, this has not been a problem. I never have audience saying they want to check the candle, and in normal close up distant the candle look very innocent.

I would said the nozzle is small enough to not raise any attention from audience, but won't survive a close inspection.

We would suggest using the candle as a enhancer for your routine. As long as it is not used as a stand alone routine, the audience shouldn't feel the need to inspect it.

Best,
Kelvin
Christian de Punto
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
110 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2019, kelvinkind wrote:
Quote:
Question about the candle. In some pictures the wick looks like a normal candle wick. In other pictures it seems there is a large nozzle (big enough to draw my attention to it at least) that the wick comes out of... Wondering why it appears in some videos and not in others and how noticeable it is.

Hi there!

About the wick, Kindly note that on top of the candle, there is a small nozzle that keep the wax and the wick separate. This is to make sure the wax won't block the wick from delivering the fuel to the top.

About how visible the nozzle is, you can see the photos on our website. We purposely take photos from 45degrees so you can see how it looks like on top.

From my experience of using it, this has not been a problem. I never have audience saying they want to check the candle, and in normal close up distant the candle look very innocent.

I would said the nozzle is small enough to not raise any attention from audience, but won't survive a close inspection.

We would suggest using the candle as a enhancer for your routine. As long as it is not used as a stand alone routine, the audience shouldn't feel the need to inspect it.

Best,
Kelvin

true. I hide the metal nozzle a bit more in "fresh" wax, like I did unter the candle too, where I covered the openings with wax (has to be renewed every time of course. but just using it as a enhancer its working good. I use it "when life comes back" after the gypsy-thread restored. but do not light the candle before to break the thread, because the audienc knows "relightning birthday candles"!
i use it to "make the restoring ghost visible" and move on with a pk-touch routine...
judagar
View Profile
New user
Cary, NC
45 Posts

Profile of judagar
Just ordered . Have a lot of ideas for this. thanks for all the info
dbaltes1520
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of dbaltes1520
Will this work for a stage production? I am using Shine and would rather have a candle light up for my act. Small theater 100-150 people.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Kelvin,

Thank you for all the information on Spark. I started another thread a while back on self-lighting candles, like UltraCandle, so I'm glad to see this new product that is a bit cheaper than the rest. When I first saw the trailer, I noticed the metal nozzle at the top of the candle, so thank you for addressing this, as well. I agree that this would make a good side prop. This is currently how I use the candle I have now.

Spark is currently sold out. Any idea when they'll come back in?

D.
FlyingLizardIXXI
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of FlyingLizardIXXI
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2019, Christian de Punto wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2019, kelvinkind wrote:
Quote:

Hi there!

Best,
Kelvin

true. I hide the metal nozzle a bit more in "fresh" wax, like I did unter the candle too, where I covered the openings with wax (has to be renewed every time of course. but just using it as a enhancer its working good. I use it "when life comes back" after the gypsy-thread restored. but do not light the candle before to break the thread, because the audienc knows "relightning birthday candles"!
i use it to "make the restoring ghost visible" and move on with a pk-touch routine...

Hi Christian, If you have any more details you can share about how you add and remove extra wax on both the top and bottom of the candle, I would love to hear about it! Adding extra wax sounds like a great idea if it can be done correctly. Any tips? Thanks for listening. -Paul
The Highland Joker
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of The Highland Joker
When will this be back in stock?!
FlyingLizardIXXI
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of FlyingLizardIXXI
I am on the waitlist with Vanishing Magic for one of these.
These are manufactured in China. There will be a (possibly significant) shipping delay due to the virus outbreak over there. I received the following email from Vanishing this AM:

Hello,

Alex here from Vanishing Inc Customer Services. Thanks for pre-ordering the SPARK candle. As we do not yet have an ETA on the product page, I wanted to take a moment to update you on the expected shipping date of your order. As you might know, the dreaded Corona Virus has halted shipping from China, which is where this product is manufactured. While we do not have any estimates of when China will open its borders again, the factory are suggesting that it might not be until late March/early April.

We'll continue to keep you updated. We took some to the Blackpool convention and people who bought them have been raving about it. I think it'll be worth the wait!

Best,

Alex

Vanishing Inc. Magic
http://www.vanishingincmagic.com
dbaltes1520
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of dbaltes1520
I ordered mine from the Orange Tree Studio and just received notice they expect parts to arrive early next week (last week of Feb 2020) to finish the candles and then will be shipping. When I get an update on shipping will post - that would be when others are shipped. Vanishing noted late March early April for delivery.
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
New user
Nelson
91 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
Got mine last week. Very well made. Testing it out at my gig later tonight!
dmoriarty1
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2020, Infographicmagicreviews wrote:
Got mine last week. Very well made. Testing it out at my gig later tonight!

How did the gig go? What were the spectator reactions to the candle?

D.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3742 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Search Candle Touch on kickstarter. Looks like self lighting candles are becoming popular
dmoriarty1
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
Search Candle Touch on kickstarter. Looks like self lighting candles are becoming popular

Eric,

Thanks for posting this. Interesting. Not sure what to make of it. It certainly isn't magical, but if these become common, I can see the self-lighting candle "extinguishing" (sorry, bad pun) from the magic repertoire.

I recently went to a restaurant with my kids, and the toys that came with their kid's meals were magic effects. My son got a thumb tip and tiny hankie, and my daughter got a mini multiplying dice effect. Although I've seen the dice effect at the 99 cent store, I was surprised that the thumb tip had spread to restaurant toys. After they learned the secret, they were underwhelmed, and I was like, "Well, no more thumb tip routines at birthday parties!"

Sorry for going off topic a bit. Hopefully these candles won't catch on, but what could save the "magic" is controlling the flame without hands in pockets (i.e., with a toe switch or stooge).

D.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1502 Posts

Profile of elimagic
That will not catch on, it’s not a problem. Don’t even give it a second thought

Eli
kelvinkind
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of kelvinkind
The main different between those on the commercial market and spark is the top of the candle.

90% of the difficulty in the development of Spark comes form making the top part looks like a real candle.

My guess is, for those who is targeting commercial customers, they won't have a top that can be seen by audience.

Most of them just have a hollow top and only looks like candle from the side.

Best,
Kelvin Chow
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spark - self-lighting Candle for CLOSE UP! (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL