The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Surprise by Think Nguyen video DOWNLOAD (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
"Fooled me so badly!!! I'd perform this to others just to entertain myself!"
-Zee J. Yan

"I'm on my way to the store to pick up some new jeans because this fooled the pants off me!"
-Richard Sanders

After YEARS of lecturing, Think has NEVER given out the secret.
It has been kept in this personal repertoire. His finale. The effect that is crushing magicians and spectators alike.

And you can learn it RIGHT NOW!

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=65236

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Every time I swear I'm done with ACAAN style effects a new fascinating one comes along. Have only watched that trailer once and, ***, that looks clean. Am almost afraid to watch it a second time to see if I spot anything.

Reviews, anyone?
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Think has fried me with this over and over again.
I asked him to never ever explain it to me because I enjoyed being fooled by it.

But now I'm feeling tempted.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Looks great, just wondering how advanced you must be to perform this. How difficult are the moves?
That really I couldn’t see in the demo. I consider myself intermediate with cards but really love acaan
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
This is great. Think and I teamed up for a double-lecture-tour last year, and this piece was a steady highlight with all who saw it performed.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
dscanning
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of dscanning
Why do I feel like I just saw the best scenario possible. I wish we could see a less than perfect scenario, so I could decide if this is a killer effect or another rip-off.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
My thoughts too dscanning.
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2019, dscanning wrote:
Why do I feel like I just saw the best scenario possible. I wish we could see a less than perfect scenario, so I could decide if this is a killer effect or another rip-off.

You are correct. Bought this on impulse, should have known better. I wouldn't call it a rip-off as it's an interesting idea, but know that it ain't gonna look like that all the time. Not saying the video was a set-up, but if it wasn't, boy did they get lucky.
tester2006
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of tester2006
I also ordered on impulse. The trailer shows the best case scenario and audience management is required. This is not self-working.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
So what percentage of times will the best case scenario happen?
Could someone share their opinion of this? Were you disappointed? Will you use it? How difficult is it?
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I like it and will for sure use it. It's exactly my style, relying on confidence and practice for a great moment.

The only negative is that the trailer feels suggestive (if only by omission) that what you see almost always happens. That being said, practice, intuition and confidence can get this result often enough to make me happy.

It's not for everyone, but I like gutsy and this kind of thinking. While some will hate it (and could rightfully argue about being mislead by lack of acknowledgement of it being the best-case scenario. Think jazz mentalism), I love it.
dscanning
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of dscanning
Nathan, just wondering if you miss, what is the fartherest you will miss (in most cases...3...4...5 cards?), and also, when you say "jazz mentalism", are the 'outs' standard, well-known outs, or are they a new thinking...something that will benefit magician for other effects, as well? I mean, if the outs are something new and different, then I will buy it just for the OUTS!
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2019, dscanning wrote:
Nathan, just wondering if you miss, what is the fartherest you will miss (in most cases...3...4...5 cards?), and also, when you say "jazz mentalism", are the 'outs' standard, well-known outs, or are they a new thinking...something that will benefit magician for other effects, as well? I mean, if the outs are something new and different, then I will buy it just for the OUTS!

Yes. All of the above is kind of important. And disappointing that the ad copy wasn't more honest about this. I knew there had to be at least some multiple out scenarios since the trailer shows one version where he picks up the next card, and then the demo shows that it was the last card placed down, but am still curious about how frequently that happens and how fooling is it when it's not a best case scenario?
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Oh, a lot of the outs are weak, and he even admits that. In fact, if you can't jazz it within a few attempts, he agrees it really loses strength (it does, and even some of the outs seem ridiculous to me). Yet he says he rarely has to go to far, and I believe him with his experience doing it. If you do Mnemonicosis, you'll understand this (and if you like that you might like this, if you hate it, you'll hate this).

I don't think there's much new, but his approach is novel. Look, it's a nicely pieced together...manipulation, I guess is what I would say, to have a decent-to-potentially-awesome payoff.

There's a trick I learned waaay back when that is so simple, but it still slays and is something I still do with a regular shuffled deck and no prep. Most card guys would see right through it, it's almost insulting because you'd find it in a library book, no hard sleights or gimmickry. But it works. (Maurice Fogel's Triple Prediction anyone?)

This trick makes me think of that, not in method at all, but just because it's fairly organic and easy to understand what happens.
dscanning
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of dscanning
Thanks, Nathan. You saved me $15 and a letdown.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2019, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Oh, a lot of the outs are weak, and he even admits that. In fact, if you can't jazz it within a few attempts, he agrees it really loses strength (it does, and even some of the outs seem ridiculous to me). Yet he says he rarely has to go to far, and I believe him with his experience doing it. If you do Mnemonicosis, you'll understand this (and if you like that you might like this, if you hate it, you'll hate this).

I don't think there's much new, but his approach is novel. Look, it's a nicely pieced together...manipulation, I guess is what I would say, to have a decent-to-potentially-awesome payoff.

There's a trick I learned waaay back when that is so simple, but it still slays and is something I still do with a regular shuffled deck and no prep. Most card guys would see right through it, it's almost insulting because you'd find it in a library book, no hard sleights or gimmickry. But it works. (Maurice Fogel's Triple Prediction anyone?)

This trick makes me think of that, not in method at all, but just because it's fairly organic and easy to understand what happens.

That's disappointing. Honestly, if the description given had explained most of this *THEN* I probably would have still bought it, because I'm curious about the details/nuances/ideas. But I'm trying not to support dishonest ads these days (and going out of my way to support the more honest ones).
Santie321
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Santie321
Magic Café has saved me so much money I should send them a check.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

On the other hand, you get that wonderfully clean effect you see in the demo, and potentially quite often. That's a killer. But yes, it's not for everyone.
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Luke Dancy is interviewing Think Nguyen LIVE TODAY at 12pm PST! Get your questions ready now and tune in!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1077377072462868/
solidoak
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of solidoak
Nathan, thanks for your review and honesty. This sounds great for some magicians, but not for me. Best-case scenario adds frustrate me terribly!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Surprise by Think Nguyen video DOWNLOAD (35 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL