The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sudo. (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Anyone heard from Sudo? I haven't seen him on here in a while. I sent him an email a week or so ago. Hope he is doing good.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Last I heard he was taking a sabbatical from the Café, but I think he's more active on FB (though I admittedly haven't logged on in a while).
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
He'll be back. He can't stand being away too long. He's too good at this stuff.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Hey Robert,

I am still "around", though no longer posting (if I can help it) and rarely check in anymore. John's presumptuous assertions that I "...can't stand being away too long" and that "he'll be back", are typical of the ridiculous nonsense that makes me avoid this place. The only part he has correct, is the statement "He's too good at this stuff." Smile

I'm gonna get flamed for that one, but oh well.

I haven't been answering emails etc for a long time due to depression, but I'll look into them tomorrow and catch up with you through that medium. I appreciate you thinking of me Robert and it's nice to know I still have a few decent friends in here.

In the meantime, I posted some thoughts earlier on the newly released Scryer's Elite book which might be of interest: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=303

Cheers.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Great to hear from you, Sudo! Mind yourself and never let anyone's opinion of you matter. The only opinion that matters is your own. For what it's worth, I think it's high time that your creative thinking is stood beside the likes of Webster, etc. Your stuff is gold. More importantly though, you're one of the good guys.

Robert.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Sudo, it is great to see a post from you. I agree with innercirclewannabe. Thoughts are with you my friend.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Hey Robert,

I am still "around", though no longer posting (if I can help it) and rarely check in anymore. John's presumptuous assertions that I "...can't stand being away too long" and that "he'll be back", are typical of the ridiculous nonsense that makes me avoid this place. The only part he has correct, is the statement "He's too good at this stuff." Smile

I haven't been answering emails etc for a long time due to depression, but I'll look into them tomorrow and catch up with you through that medium. I appreciate you thinking of me Robert and it's nice to know I still have a few decent friends in here.

In the meantime, I posted some thoughts earlier on the newly released Scryer's Elite book which might be of interest: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=303

Cheers.

Sudo, I’m sad that the conversations we’ve had in the past were of no value and you never got to know me and my respect for you and that my comment was made as an homage to you and your love for and expertise in magic.

I’m disappointed you made that comment about my comment. It wasn’t an opinion or an assertion, it was a good old time ribbing. Get over it!

Have a good life.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Hey Robert,

Cheers.

Sudo, I’m sad that the conversations we’ve had in the past were of no value and you never got to know me and my respect for you and that my comment was made as an homage to you and your love for and expertise in magic.

I’m disappointed you made that comment about my comment. It wasn’t an opinion or an assertion, it was a good old time ribbing. Get over it!

Have a good life.

That's very classy of you! Do you always have to have the last word?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2707 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, John C wrote:

Have a good life.

John, if you have an opinion about someone's life, please first raise your hand. Then put it over your mouth.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
John, if your comments were intended otherwise then my bad. From my viewpoint, they appear patronizing. I have repeatedly told you in past conversations that I have difficulty interpreting your humour and that it often doesn't translate well in the written word. Were we speaking face-to-face it would be a different story simply because I've learned how to survive by being able to quickly read people. I could equally claim that you've not gotten to know me either and that our conversations were of no value too; despite the fact that this is far from the first time I've gotten sharp with you, you still haven't learned that your humour doesn't often go over well with me. Surely I can't be the only one who's read your comments and didn't interpret them as you supposedly intended.

You may consider pulling a cat's tail as being playful, but a cat sure doesn't. And you wonder why you get scratched...

Either way, I wish you all the best and no hard feelings.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Wrayvn and Robert, thanks so much for the really kind words and warm thoughts. As mentioned, I'm going through my emails today and will catch up with both of you there.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Let's PARTY!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Hey Sudo, it's good to see you are still hanging around the ethers. I continue to reference (and use) the work you've so freely shared here on the Café. Thanks for your generosity and continued good thoughts are sent your way...

David
Sh9bum9
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Sh9bum9
I agree with David. You have been so kind. I hope you're doing well.
Decisions determine destiny. Thomas S. Monson
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
What David said.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Dude, don't let anything said here, or anybody here, get you down. No one has walked in your shoes. No one knows the peak and valleys of your life. I know it's hard, but be like that old schoolyard line when they verbally attack: I'm rubber, you're glue... everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you!!! And a couple of Na-na-nana-na, for extra strength Smile

Remember, you are a creative guy that has put out a lot of good stuff. You'll continue to do that for the rest of your life. Many will be envious of that power... I know I am.

Take care of yourself.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I am always glad when I hear that Sudo is busy creating something wonderful.

Life has been rough for him, so I hope that he can find those fleeting moments when all is well.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Best to you Sudo. I very much like your work and hope to see more of it sometime in the future.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Always have nothing but good thoughts for and about you Sudo.
I keep hoping we'll get a chance to Skype it up again.
I consider you a friend, and great thinker in this field.
Much love brother, keep doing well.
All my best.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sudo. (14 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL