The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Number 4 Envelope by Blake Vogt (46 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
True and you can’t iron Tyvek as it melts Gaz 🙂

You say that as if it's from experience Gaz... Smile
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
LOL

“Honey, what’s that stuff sticking to the ironing board?!”
“Well, uhm, I was ironing an envelope...”
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes you’re dead right I forgot 😂 my new extreme burn at the time had tyvek receipts and I ironed them with a piece of cloth over the top . Alas the whole lot fused together and it cost me £60’s worth of polymer tenners lol Gaz 🙂
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:

True and you can’t iron Tyvek as it melts Gaz

Try this on a small sheet of scrap Tyvek. Sandwich the small sheet of Tyvek between two sheets of printer/Xerox paper. Place it on an ironing board. Lightly spray water only on the top sheet of printer paper so as to lightly dampen the top sheet. Now heat the iron to Polyester/silk setting (lowest heat setting) and iron. While ironing ensure that no steam is let out from the steam iron (close the steam). I use this method to fold and crease Tyvek paper. Gives a nice permanent crease/fold as well as smoothens the Tyvek. Give it a try.

With the above method, in case the Tyvek melts due to over heating it will stick to the printer paper and thus won't spoil the iron or the iron-board fabric. Hence one need to test the heat level on a scrap sheet of Tyvek as the amount of heat and time needed depends on the thickness of the Tyvek paper used.

Warning: Do not try the above method on the expensive Number 4 Envelope as this envelope has various layers glued and I have no idea how the Iron heat with moisture will react.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

Smile Where would the Café be without Narendra?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree Narendra is a wealth of brilliant information and he opitimizes all that is great about these boards Gaz 🙂
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
So, two things: one, this is a great envelope,and certainly has a myriad of uses. But 2), what kind of product comes to you with a "how to repair it" as a part of the instructional video? The adhesive used is awful, the layers peel apart, and you are required to fix it your self (because if you returned it you would get another, and who's to say the quality of that one would be?).

I thought this was a great tool...until mine fell apart. I'd say don't buy them. Or, buy one, peel it apart to make a template, and build your own.
Pixelated
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
First thing I did was to reverse engineer it and make another copy. It can be done without taking it apart.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I did exactly that too Gaz 🙂
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
When you purchase something brand new you shouldn't have to remake it whatever happened to quality control.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I didn’t do it for those reasons Warren , I wanted to make it better to suit my own needs .
I do that with many many effects I buy Gaz 🙂
Jack Poulin
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
186 Posts

Profile of Jack Poulin
Hello everyone, I just want to warn you about doin' business with Blake. More than a month ago I ordered 2 of his number 4 envelopes directly from him as I always try to support the creator ... big mistake. I paid with Paypal so I'm protected but now I'll have to go thru the hassle of getting a refund. Needless to say, I never received the package and no tracking number were provided.

The worst part is that I emailed him a couple times to let him know about the issue and I called him twice, leaving a message on his voicemail each time. He never took a minute to answer and take care of the matter. Blake seems like a very nice folk but his customer "service" is absolutely horrendous. I don't recommend doin' business with him. This is my first "negative" post on the Café and I'm sorry for that. I just wanted to protect my fellow Café brothers/sisters from very bad business practices.

Jack
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
I ordered the envelope twice and both times took forever. I was communicating with a woman though.
It was like pulling teeth to get them. the 2nd one took 3 weeks to get.
Yeah, better to buy from Penguin Smile
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I also prefer to support a creator whenever possible. Such a shame... .
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
This sure looks like the envelope from "The One and Only" by Paul Harris. This has been out for years. This was the creation of Paul Harris and Rod Whitlock .

Their envelope had 4 outs and was made of Tyvek.
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
Hi, does anyone please know if Blake Vogt is alright, I made a big order on his website 45 days ago but never received anything since and had no answer to the multiple emails I sent, I ordered multiple four envelopes both stage and small version, and even paid for an express delivery but since then, no news, I asked for a refund because since then I bought them from another play and still no answer on all Blake Vogt's emails.

I hope he's alright and that he'll contact me soon to make the refund.

If anybody can help, I'll be very thankful
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

You are not the only one... See Jack’s post earlier. Sounds like smth is not going well.
Jack Poulin
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
186 Posts

Profile of Jack Poulin
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
You are not the only one... See Jack’s post earlier. Sounds like smth is not going well.

After waiting "forever" (more than a month) I didn't have the choice but to ask for a refund. I had to go thru the hassle of filing a complaint with Paypal, explaining the situation, etc ... I was refunded 3 weeks after my request. Blake never answer any emails I sent him, never called me back after I left a couple of message on his voicemail. I even found a lady from his team, emailed her ... she never answered back. Needless to say, I'll never do business with him in the future.

On a side note, one of my student ordered the Number 4 Enveloppe from an independent magic shop and showed it to me. I was very disappointed with it. I will NEVER put this enveloppe on a table in full view as the openings on each side are pretty visible. After playing with it for less than 5 minutes, it looked all worn out and the openings were even bigger/visible. It was a blessing in disguise that I had to be refunded because of horrendous customer service. I would never have used it. That said, Blake really seems like a great/sweet guy and I hope that nothing bad happened to him.

Jack
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2710 Posts

Oops... that was a blessing in disguise then. Too bad, in the promo’s they look excellent!
Jack Poulin
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
186 Posts

Profile of Jack Poulin
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Oops... that was a blessing in disguise then. Too bad, in the promo’s they look excellent!

The Unmasked Magician, trust me, in person they don't look that good. I was "fooled" by the demo too, but in person, not a chance. I'm not saying that it's unusable, it is if you keep it hidden in your pocket and take it out at the climax. To me, it's way stronger when you say that "this prediction will be visible on the table before any choice/decision will be made and will never leave your sight" ... not something I will take the chance of doing with the Number 4 Enveloppe. For a "four out empty enveloppe" solution that looks exactly as it's suppose to be and is totally natural and cheap/easy to make when they worn out, nothing beat Scott Creasey's "The empty multiple out envelope". It is a very easy DIY and the handling is easy and natural. I've been using it to perform Joshua Jay's Inferno for the last 3 years. It now as an automatic reset, is a real world worker and I don't have to deal with burnt matches/smoke or hide in the men's room to reset. I developed a super easy/clean handling for that routine using Creasey's envelope. If interested, just PM me.

Jack
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Number 4 Envelope by Blake Vogt (46 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL