The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Holy Chicken! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6739 Posts

Profile of magicfish
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2749 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2019, magicfish wrote:
They do, yes. I would say there is a big difference between entertaining people with magic or dance or juggling than filming yourself eating cheeseburgers.
Maybe not?

He's a documentary maker. People who film themselves eating cheeseburgers are usually on YouTube. I don't care for the premise of his film, a documentary on how unhealthy eating fast food is, that's hardly world-shattering journalism. I don't remember what other documentaries were up for the Oscar that year, but there had to be a couple that addressed stronger issues than "Supersize Me!" But I do see him as a legitimate film maker.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6739 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Was he a film maker before Super Size me?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2019, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
They do, yes. I would say there is a big difference between entertaining people with magic or dance or juggling than filming yourself eating cheeseburgers.
Maybe not?

He's a documentary maker. People who film themselves eating cheeseburgers are usually on YouTube. I don't care for the premise of his film, a documentary on how unhealthy eating fast food is, that's hardly world-shattering journalism. I don't remember what other documentaries were up for the Oscar that year, but there had to be a couple that addressed stronger issues than "Supersize Me!" But I do see him as a legitimate film maker.

You're confusing a film that was made fifteen years ago with the current one. As the link, interview, and several posts in this thread explain, the current film is not about the ill effects of eating fast food chicken.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
That is because they have not listened to the interview or it is above their head. They probably just looked at the picture, which is interesting with regard to marketing.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5015 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thanks for listening to it, tommy.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6739 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2019, tommy wrote:
That is because they have not listened to the interview or it is above their head. They probably just looked at the picture, which is interesting with regard to marketing.

Or, I'm still talking about Super- Size Me.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6739 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Previous works are relevant.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2749 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
Was he a film maker before Super Size me?

I dunno. Everybody has to start somewhere. Kevin Smith filmed his first movie, "Clerks," in the convenience store he was working in at the time.

OK, he'd produced one documentary before "Supersize Me;"

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1041597/filmot......m_nmfm_1

"Supersize Me" IS his first directorial;

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1041597/filmot......m_nmfm_3
Ain't life unkind?"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
Heinrich Himmler started out as a chicken farmer.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2749 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2019, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2019, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
Maybe not?

You're confusing a film that was made fifteen years ago with the current one. As the link, interview, and several posts in this thread explain, the current film is not about the ill effects of eating fast food chicken.

I don't think so. I was responding to magicfish who was talking about someone filming himself eating cheeseburgers. Clearly a comment on the first film.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2749 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2019, tommy wrote:

Or, I'm still talking about Super- Size Me.

See? Told you!
Ain't life unkind?"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes, chicken has always been used as a weapon: as the UN Department of Agriculture admitted, hinting that it would be used again if needed. We saw how they used chicken for oil between Gulf War I and II when they starved to death more Iraqi people than they killed Japanese people with two atomic bombs. “We think the price is worth it,” said some Chickenhawk.

Tommy
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
565 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Super Size Me is a great documentary if you can get past Spurlock's mustache.
It effectively ended McDonald's Super-campaign by showing just how-bad and how-quickly their portions/ingredients negatively affect health.

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
I wondered why the Iraqi people never went to McDonald's.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6739 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2019, Mr Salk wrote:
It effectively ended McDonald's Super-campaign by showing just how-bad and how-quickly their portions/ingredients negatively affect health.

It took a documentary to show that?
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
565 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2019, Mr Salk wrote:

It took a documentary to show that?

Yes. It's not merely anecdotal; the effects are startling.

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Goat is the most widely consumed meat on the planet.

I've tried goat a few times, the meat has always been tough and had bits of bone attached. Neither appeals to me.

Quote:
On Sep 25, 2019, magicfish wrote:

Chicken is my 4th favourite dead bird to eat.

Don't leave us hanging. Are you gonna make us guess? Okay, magpie, blue jay, and ostrich?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27122 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
Previous works are relevant.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Spurlock

The first few minutes of the Brony movie were scary.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
The number of farmers committing suicide is scary. In France, for example, one famer every other day is committing suicide. Some say they can’t afford to buy the food they grow because of the monopoly capitalists. They are running around like headless chickens in yellow vests. Yet their answer is Jean-Marie Le Pen: out of the frying, into the fire. Have you been watching Peaky Blinders?

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Holy Chicken! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL