The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New mentalism project !!! BODY MENTALISM by Juan Pablo (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Ok guys let me tell you. What Juan Pablo is offering here is something really inspiring cuz he wanted to write a book on BODY mentalism ... and trust me there is one piece there that totally worth twice the price of the book. When I saw it for the first time I felt in love with it !!! And I instantly saw the potential of the method to adapt it and aply it in any field of magic.

He took some old principles and adapted them then he decided to replace props with bodies or part of em and developed something really interesting.

So... its an amazing idea to spend 30 usd in this project you will find a LOT of food for thought and really baffling principles and effects Smile

And diving into those pages you will dive into one of the most creative and passionate magician's minds of our times.

Look for BODY MENTALISM by Juan Pablo you won't regret it Smile
--------Magician and director at NONTRICKS.COM--------
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Can you describe what one of these effects might look like?

The description is a little light.

Also, how many spectators are involved in the effect?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Michel Vernet
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Michel Vernet
Hi guys! This is our first published book and we’re very proud of it!
Juan Pablo Ibañez has a great creative mind!

This is the basic effect:
Five spectators go on stage and the Mentalist gives an object to one of them. While the Mentalist has his back turned, the spectators randomly pass the object on among themselves until one of them hides it inside his pocket. Now the Mentalist concentrates and tries to discover who is hiding the object. Finally, the performer starts “discarding” spectators until only one of them is left on stage, the one who is hiding the object.
This is the basic effect and its method is so versatile that it can be presented in endless ways. Here are some examples:
The spectators can pass the object on after they are being “discarded”.

It can be presented as a “Lie detector” routine. The spectators can tell the truth or lie, or even change roles (“honest” or “liar”) but the Mentalist always finds out where the object is and reveals the role chosen by each spectator.

Even though the mentalist does not know how many changes of the object’s position were made, any spectator may hide the object, but who has it can always be discovered.

If the object used is a deck of cards, an incredible prediction can be made, name a card they have thought of or perform an “Any Card at Any Number” Routine.
A book might be used, ending the routine with a Book Test.

A wristwatch can be used and as a climax, a selected time can be guessed.

Other options are to use drinking glasses containing different drinks or to discover the location of five different chess pieces.

The object may be a crumpled paper ball with the description of the last spectator remaining on stage, written inside.

It can be performed with 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 spectators.
The possibilities are endless!
I hope you enjoy it!
mentaldiego
View Profile
New user
Spain
60 Posts

Profile of mentaldiego
It is available in Spanish language???
Michel Vernet
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Michel Vernet
Yes, the name of the book is "Personalmente".
It is available at Bazar de Magia:
https://www.bazardemagia.com/producto/59......y_vernet
mentaldiego
View Profile
New user
Spain
60 Posts

Profile of mentaldiego
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2019, Michel Vernet wrote:
Yes, the name of the book is "Personalmente".
It is available at Bazar de Magia:
https://www.bazardemagia.com/producto/59......y_vernet

thank you !!
Manuel Llaser
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Manuel Llaser
Hi guys! I just got the booklet and it's great! As always Juan Pablo has great way of thinking and will definitely add some of this ideas to my repertoire.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Is this available anywhere else?
Michel Vernet
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Michel Vernet
Most of the magic shops have it, but the book is currently out of stock.
It will be available in 10 days!
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Wonder what happened to this..? Penguin says "discontinued..." Did it actually come out yet?

Seth
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Big ad in recent Genii. Curious about this.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I liked it! Its exploring one concept, which isn't new, in many different ways. Lots of food for thought. The I.D. presentation I started doing straight away.

All the best,
Dan
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2711 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
From the title I would expect something involving body parts being used in a magical process. Like in a PK touch, where the magic happens to someone’s body, so to speak. You mentioning the ID it sounds like the body is only used instrumentally in the reveal, like “so you chose to put four fingers on your heart? Well, only one card in this deck is reversed... the 4H.” Is that assumption correct?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Without going into too much detail. It's an old principle using bodies (hence the name I guess) instead of things. But exloring this concept and taking it in some interesting directions.

All the best,
Dan
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Is this similar to or using any of the methods or effects from the Fisher Body Magic book?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New mentalism project !!! BODY MENTALISM by Juan Pablo (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL