The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Destiny Chest by Magic Wagon (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2249 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Destinity Chest by Magic Wagon will be available Sunday 29 September.

The performer displays a miniature version of an old steamer era teak cabin trunk. Six named photos are then removed and shown of different passengers that were aboard the Titanic the tragic day it sank. These six passengers sadly used there last momentís frantically writing messages to their loved ones and sealed them in jars and bottles. Spectator is now asked to freely select the passenger they sense managed to send a last message home. Once selected the spectator opens the chest and discovers a sealed vial inside. They then remove the contents and discover one message to a loved one who they had previously freely selected. This emotional presentation is only one example of the many effects possible with the Destiny Chest. Destiny Chest comes with several effect ideas. Highlighted is John M. Talbotís routine ę The Last Message Ľ. Spectators are taken back to April 14, 1912 and the ill-fated voyage of the Titanic.

• The spectator opens the chest and removes the prediction; only one prediction is in the chest!

• There is absolutely no force of any kind and the effect could be immediately repeated, if desired!

• This is an entirely one-man prediction system; no assistants on or off stage are necessary in any way!

• The effects that can be created with this system are limited only by oneís imagination!

The chest measures approximately 10.5cms wide, 8cms high and 9cms deep and has been completely handcrafted from natural aged teak wood with a lightly distressed oil finish and slightly tarnished brass hardware. Comes complete with 4 pages of Mr. John M. Talbotís routine ę The Last Message Ľ plus several extra ideas that can be performed with the Destiny Chest.

Our special thanks to Mr. John M. Talbot for the effect name recommendation and for writing the instructions and routine ideas.

I will provide the link soon...

Any thoughts about this one?

Simon Smile
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2249 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Here is the link: http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=193

It will be updated (with the price, photos, etc.) early Sunday morning.

Simon Smile
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1804 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Wow, I love this,I may have to get it if the price is right
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2249 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Magic Mark
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Why does Magic Wagon never include a video showing each new effect being performed.

For that matter, it is rare to see video performances posted after people actually purchase a Magic Wagon effect.

Do collectors snatch them up only to put them on a shelf behind glass to look at, but never perform? Is this why we constantly see Magic Wagon effects in the for sale section listed as "new" or "never used"?

Mark
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2249 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
Why does Magic Wagon never include a video showing each new effect being performed.

For that matter, it is rare to see video performances posted after people actually purchase a Magic Wagon effect.

Do collectors snatch them up only to put them on a shelf behind glass to look at, but never perform? Is this why we constantly see Magic Wagon effects in the for sale section listed as "new" or "never used"?

Mark

Where are your video performances, Magic Mark?

And where are yours, Julie?

There are actually dozens of video performances of Magic Wagon tricks and accessories on the Internet. Click the "table of contents" just below this post to access direct links to many of them.

Usually, videos from owners are made after the release of a new trick, not before.

Simon
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3488 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Very true Simon , also magic wagon has a great reputation and sells out completely because of that reputation .
There is no need for a demo if you are going to sell out . If you buy it and you donít like it you will easily be able to sell on any of their items for good monies .
I find their descriptions always accurate and they always do exactly what it says on the tin .
Thatís my 2 cents anyway Gaz 🙂
SydBeckman
View Profile
Elite user
Tennessee
481 Posts

Profile of SydBeckman
For the matter, the photographs they post never do justice to seeing them in person.
Syd
Magic Mark
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, SydBeckman wrote:
For the matter, the photographs they post never do justice to seeing them in person.

Thatís exactly my point. Iíve got the disposable income to purchase any Magic Wagon effect Iíd like but I wonít completely blind buy ANY magic effect based on faith in the company alone. Not only are videos not posted by the company, the photos are always rather tiny images and too few of them.

Iím genuinely interested in this Magic Wagon item but I want to see a performance first. I think there are others that feel the same way.

Mark
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4513 Posts

Profile of videoman
As has already been said, there are enough collectors to guarantee a sell out (in most cases anyway, but not all) so MW has little incentive to cater to non-collectors.
Itís unfortunate for those performers wishing to add an occasional MW effect to their shows but thatís just how it is. Youíre almost forced to acquire a particular effect second hand or possibly through select dealers such as Stevens and SEO.

The good news is that itís a myth that all MW pieces retain or increase in value. The really exceptional ones might but many are later sold for less than retail, and often much less.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3488 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
True Videoman but if ones money is disposable income then it doesnít really matter .
One can buy it love it and keep it , or buy it have a play around with it and seen how well itís crafted and gimmicked and then sell it on .
You are right they may lose a little value but you donít lose loads and itís disposable too so it doesnít matter .
I am still after their brilliant sword thru ring illusion but canít get one for love nor money .
I love my utopia prediction box too Gaz 🙂
Magic Dust
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
I think if you have seen a Magic Wagon Trick in Teak or Resin once in real or even bought it, it is very well possible, to create a suitable inner

picture from the small pictures. Most of the time the joy is even greater when the trick sees the light of day in you home. The dimensions are

also always given, which is not the case with many other dealers. Ultimately, most customers seem to be quite satisfied with MW products ⭐️
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
Received mine today - after ordering just four days ago from London. First impressions - first rate, one I'll definitely keep AND perform. As expected, box is beautiful, also, no force, easy, foolproof handling. Included are some great ideas from the wonderful John M Talbot. Box could also be used in many other routines. If you're hesitating, I'd advise to just buy it - you won't be disappointed!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3488 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I am jealous Raymond42 I wish I had got in there sooner Gaz 🙂
Magic Dust
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Magic Wagon has still 23 Destiny Chests in stock ⭐️
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
Merlin currently has some in stock
Magic Dust
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Magic Wagon has still 13 Destiny Chests in stock ⭐️

I can only recommend, grab One of it soon ...
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
First rate prop, multitude of performance options of item to impossible location. However, decided to sell mine, as it doesn't suit my performance style. Hard to quantify, but something we all know instinctively - whether, or not we want to perform certain items of magic, however good they may be. Just received Magic Wagon's Mastermind Box (paid an eye-watering amount) - methodology's breathtaking, high sell-on costs and reputation are justified. This is something I will be keeping and performing.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2019, Raymond42 wrote:
Just received Magic Wagon's Mastermind Box (paid an eye-watering amount) - methodology's breathtaking, high sell-on costs and reputation are justified. This is something I will be keeping and performing.

Congratulations to your new gem ⭐️ I'm also tempted to have it, but prefer to keep dry eyes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Destiny Chest by Magic Wagon (7 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL