The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Whats Your Purpose For Doing Magic? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1942 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Fun

And when I retire and don't have to work for a living I'm going to be busking.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Texture Surprise
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Texture Surprise
Because is fun (=
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of TomB
I like learning the secrets of the universe. Be it how electrons flow in a wire and illuminates a light bulb, or a magician vanishing bird cage.

To invent the impossible, first you need to imagine it, then innovate it. I love the imagination. I love the challenge to innovate. I love understanding other peoples innovation (the secrets). I believe anything is possible with enough time and money (ie going to the moon). I like creating the patter.

I love being fooled. I love asking myself, how did that just happen? I love fooling others. I love making them wonder if what they just saw was real. Yes, the reaction of friends or strangers is the grandest prize.

I like showing my kids magic. I like teaching them magic. I love the bonding of sharing secrets that no one else knows (not even mom).

I also enjoy watching good entertainment. Who does not want the court jester that is there to make you smile.

I like filtering thru 1000s of tricks to create a themed show for kids. I love hearing their ideas of what they want to accomplish, then making it happen. After months of creating a show with my kids, watching my kids perform it. Instead of my kids scoring a touchdown, or a last minute 3 pointer, they made the impossible happen. Finally, I love watching my kids perform a show for their friends and parents. I love watching them succeed and the enjoyment/reaction from everyone in the audience. (What can be better then when you hear an adult utter under their breath that's impossible! Or the kids get excited to see next trick)
Gennovense
View Profile
New user
Santiago
4 Posts

Profile of Gennovense
Well I would say I fit in the description of this. I'm 22 years old and I've been doing magic for barely a year. I always loved magic, Harry Potter, Criss Angel TV show, The Masked Magician, etc. I never had the chance to learn magic merely because I was doing a lot of things in school. I love magic because like Roberto Giobbi says is the Art of Wonder, bringing that to people makes me extremely happy, watching them enjoying, so I'd say that is my purpose. I only perform for friends or in the street. I will also say magic is a GREAT way yo build self confidence, which is key in life. I do magic as a hobby since I'm in college so my parents wouldn't like me to quit right now when I'm about to become a lawyer, also in my country is pretty difficult to live as an artist so being a magician here would be a hard one.

Even said, I'm looking forward for part time jobs, maybe weddings or bars, but is difficult in my country there are not too many magicians so we don't have a culture like in USA, Spain, Argentina or France

I also enjoy magic for myself, I really like when I see that with just a year of practicing I can perform very difficult sleights with cards and coins, that I already memorized the mnemonica stack, mainly because I have a great professor who teaches me a lot of great stuff.

I love magic! It brings me joy and happiness, is the funniest and coolest thing on earth!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Whats Your Purpose For Doing Magic? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL