The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Morritt purse swindle (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

padre rich
View Profile
Elite user
422 Posts

Profile of padre rich
This just out library.com https://www.lybrary.com/morritt-purse-swindle-p-923300.html much easier than the original method...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
That sounds interesting. From what I read, this is a close up piece that can be presented stage or parlor?
padre rich
View Profile
Elite user
422 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Yes.you'll need a "workingman's" drawstring bag and a "rich man's" velvet clasp type purse and the necessary coins...a modest investment...plays in any situation,resets immediatly...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Does the ebook also include information about the original Morritt moves? It would be interesting to compare the gimmicked version with the original. In any event, it sounds like a very good premise and a very commercial routine --- and WITHOUT the usual "embarrass the specs" business that some magicians seem to thrive on (like many egg bag routines, for example). Maybe it could even be worked into part of a Miser's Dream routine.

I remember reading somewhere about the "purse move" or the "purse steal," but can't remember where --- maybe in Tarbell or Roth, or one of the Ganson books? SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Well, I was able to answer at least part of my own question! After Googling "Morritt Purse Swindle," I learned that it was located in Bobo's "Modern Coin Magic", where it was described as the "Purse Grip."

I knew I had seen it somewhere before, but just couldn't place it. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
padre rich
View Profile
Elite user
422 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Bobo is without the gaffs that make doing it much easier so there was no need to go into that.if it wasn't improved we wouldn't be selling it.with the gaffs you can do it immediatly.no worry of the coins talking...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Morritt purse swindle (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL