The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Smoky Mountain Magic's Fraidy Frame (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
As much as I would love to keep this all to myself, I can't help but sing Dan Wolfe's praise for one of his most recent creations:
"Fraidy"

Before you make an immediate comparison to the old "Fraidy Frame," you have to know this is steroids, which have taken steroids. The drug comparison makes sense when you get this thing and find out you can customize it for practically anything. I first purchased this for my children's shows with a "Vanishing Elephant" type routine... great for circus shows, Halloween (Houdini's great illusion) etc. etc. I found out it works just as well with adults... yep! So then, I took him up on his "McCombical" style routine with cards- also great for different audiences-- kids love to see "how a trick works," and the adult in the hotseat…. then a custom bit for my anti-bullying shows.... today I just received another custom job for Halloween with a mummy. So, yes, this thing is a drug, and Dan Wolfe is the hookup Smile

Seriously, the frame plays big, is quick to set up, and the work is minimal so you can craft a presentation to fit the situation. Anyone who has ever purchased from Smoky Mountain Magic knows of the quality and great looks of the props. But my favorite is the reaction... you get a deer in the headlights look for a moment, and then lots of applause and "whaaaat?!"s from the audience. Based on your prop/routining you can do this as a solo effect or with volunteer(s). No one up with you will see anything you don't want them to. You'll end up playing with it yourself, watching the "works", and you'll be so impressed you'll be tempted to show it to your audience, it's that impressive. But I know you won't!

So, if you haven't taken a look, use this link : https://www.smmagic.com/blog1/?product=fraidy
I'm not being paid off from Dan to do this, but anyone who knows me knows I don't recommend too many props, and only to those who have really gone waaaay above on quality, service and the personal touch. Too many only criticize those that drop the ball, and fail to praise those who raise to a level beyond. That's what I'm doing now. Thanks, Dan (and if you ever read this, don't sell to anyone in my market!)

Steve
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Dan showed me this last year, and I have to admit, it is gold! Fantastic prop that plays BIG, and requires very little skill. Dan will customize it to whatever critter you want. This is a fantastic prop.
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Let me add my kudos to Dan and Smokey Mountain Magic. I talked with Dan about a custom set up for Fraidy in the morning. By mid afternoon he had drawings for me to approve and I got an email from him at 7:00 PM that it was ready to ship! After a few days I received the prop and it is awesome. Great experience that I am sure will not be my last with Smokey Mountain Magic.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Just placed an order for a custom unit! Can't wait
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2019, jimhlou wrote:
Just placed an order for a custom unit! Can't wait

Willing to share? I could spend my entire show fees on this prop alone, and Dan has never failed to deliver on my ideas.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I'll show pics when I get it
AllenChilver
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of AllenChilver
I can only agree. I have dealt with Dan over a number of years and he consistently delivers first class products and customer service. He is a joy to do business with.

I recently bought the jumbo card version of the Fraidy frame. It was everything I expected; but I didn't realise until I took delivery that this thing is endlessly customisable with as many card designs or other artwork combos as I choose. This is important for me as I often perform successive stage shows where some spectators may see a show more than once on the same day. That was a nice surprise.

It's a great prop. Well done Dan - yet again.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Better late than never!
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Oh well, pics are too large to upload. Sorry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Smoky Mountain Magic's Fraidy Frame (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL