The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The secret tapes of Jamal Khashoggi's murder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16203 Posts

Profile of tommy
Https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49826905

I have just watched this Panorama documentary and it was chilling.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of magicfish
So we can discuss the murder of a Saudi journalist by his own country but we can't discuss the shooting of a protester in Hong Kong. Interesting.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16203 Posts

Profile of tommy
So long as you don't bring politics and or religion into it.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
565 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2019, tommy wrote:
So long as you don't bring politics and or religion into it.

I reckon the majority of murders are due to politics and or religion.

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27123 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
British barrister Baroness Helena Kennedy listened to Jamal Khashoggi's dying moments.

"The horror of listening to somebody's voice, the fear in someone's voice, and that you're listening to something live. It makes a shiver go through your body."
Did the documentary include any of that audio?
Quote:
Kennedy says the revelations of the Khashoggi murder tapes must be acted on.

Always phrased as the news of rather than the event itself or the intentions behind such actions. Smile Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16203 Posts

Profile of tommy
I know Jane Corbin the Panorama reporter. Over the years Jane has made some good documentaries on human rights and so on. Panorama is about the only decent news programme we now have left on the main media.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27123 Posts

My comment is not about Panorama but rather now how public comment is phrased after evidence of some ugly event starts to go public. We had public comment by Trump about that audio, though not much about who else has copies of that audio. Such distracts from the issue and puts focus on the material evidence (which is also not available).
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16203 Posts

Profile of tommy
Sorry Jon, no it was a transcript of audio that she made while listening to it. It is on BBC I-player but I am not sure if it's available in the USA. The Turks were bugging the Embassy: that is what the tapes are.
The Turks let the CIA and MI6 etcetera listen to them.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27123 Posts

Https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49826905

@tommy, iplayer is UK. Unpleasant story alert... -> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/j......hashoggi
“The sound of plastic sheets (wrapping) could also be heard ..." Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The secret tapes of Jamal Khashoggi's murder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL