The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Lines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK www.MatthewLaskey.com
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
Hey thought I would set up a thread for your cups and balls/street act lines, puns, hat lines + jokes etc.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Matthew,

Do you have any examples. I do recommend the book "Read Between The Lines" by Gazzo. It is full of one liners and so on.

If you touch my cups I will break your fingers, only kidding, I will shove my wand so far up your noise It will come out of your ear.

Mario cup line, if you use it I will break your neck.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Mario,
Where would I find "Read Between the Lines?"

Gazzo's site doesn't have anything like that listed.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Well I got mine off him so your best bet is to contact Gazzo, while your at it ask him about the book "How to keep a Krowd". If you do speak to him say hi from me.
Mario
m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
Yeh! I just went to his lecture and bought his new cups and balls book!- seriously good btw.

Now I'm wishing I had got the "Read Between the ONE Lines" too!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Matthew
I intend to come up to London shortly, can you tell me what the score is on Covengardens?
Mario
m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
Basically you have the main performer's area renowned for its buskers. This is the covent garden piatza. To perform here you need to have a public liability insurance and permit from the covent garden managment which you have to pay for (I can't remember how much). You also have to get there at 8 am to decide when and who will be performing where.

The benifits of this however are that you get to perform to crowds up to 400 ish in the main piatza, and the license/permit also covers you to work the indoor pitch (200 max capacity I think). For this you have to arrive at the same time for the time allocations. You also get the support of the covent garden security who are on your side!

If all that isn't really your thing, which it generally isn't for magicians, then you can hit James street (street with the underground station on). This isn't acctually legal as far as I'm aware; however, it's been worked for years by magicians, musicians, status etc. and so the police tend to turn a blind eye. You have to watch your crowd size or you will be asked to move on. With this obviously you don't need a license or permit (as it's not really legal), and you have no support from security if things go bad!

Hope that answered all ya questions!
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2004-05-30 16:52, Dave VanVranken wrote:
Mario,
Where would I find "Read Between the Lines?"

Gazzo's site doesn't have anything like that listed.

Dave news and updates on where to get Gazzo's book will be available here:

http://www.thedannyhustleshow.com/forums......=408#408

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Lines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL