The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kids talent show (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Goldfield
View Profile
Loyal user
Universe
292 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence. Nikola Tesla, Serbian Inventor
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3084 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You should not confuse child exploitation by a lot of ambitious and greedy adults with someone helping one's own child enter a school's stage talent show to perform a few tricks.
SharkTrager442
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of SharkTrager442
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2019, jimgerrish wrote:
You should not confuse child exploitation by a lot of ambitious and greedy adults with someone helping one's own child enter a school's stage talent show to perform a few tricks.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
1701 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I didn’t mean to say he couldn’t do a mental routine. I see now that my comment could look like I was. It wasn’t clear to me that he already had experience with mental presentations. It is a bad branch of performance to be pushed toward, but a great area if you want to be there.

I stand by my suggestion for a magic trick if you want a great magic trick.

That said, if you prefer mentalism, he would do well to pick an ability to apparently demonstrate. If he does memory, it is hard to beat Cassidy’s Card Memory routine. A good blindfold routine can be really good. Mentalism can be kind of hard to fill a stage with, unless you can really project confidence. Not saying your son can’t do it, just going from what you said and making assumptions to fill gaps in the narrative.

Perhaps the real question is what would he want to do on stage?

Patrick
Conner
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Conner
PM'd you, SharkTrager442.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kids talent show (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL