The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hull tent card inspiration, please! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Other than the original tent cards Hull used, and the Carlyle design, would anyone be kind enough to share their tent card designs for some inspiration? Or perhaps point me towards examples in print you thought looked good.

I’m not quite sure why I’ve never branded my cards before, but I figured I may as well start. I’ve made a first draft today and it looks okay, but there’s always room for improvements.

Also, If anyone has a tent card design they love, but it requires updating (perhaps It needs contact information updating) as a graphic designer, and as a thank you for sharing I’d be happy to update it for you whilst I work on mine.

Thanks!
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
Mevproshop has the Cicardi Project, a 2 DVD set of Dr. Charles Scott performing his TV show Mind Probe where the main feature of his show is the Q&A act using the Hull cards. It also comes with digital files of Dr. Scott's Hull card design.
SethHoward
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of SethHoward
Do you do readings? I know Mark Strivings has a couple of designs in his S.U.C. booklet. They are then used for effects.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Marc Salem's Mind Reading Compendium by Marc Salem and Richard Mark comes with samples of Marc's card along with advances he has developed using the card:

https://www.mymagic.com/p/books/marc-sal......ard-mark
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
John Riggs has an entire DVD devoted to the Hull Card.

And I have a copy of Orville Meyer's version of the card on my Deceptionary Web site.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2019, ddyment wrote:
John Riggs has an entire DVD devoted to the Hull Card.

And I have a copy of Orville Meyer's version of the card on my Deceptionary Web site.

Funnily enough I didn’t see your example card (but I have seen it recently) and I accidentally created the black line (albeit not completely down the length) from my answer box from the short edge. I was going to move my line back to the left, but seeing that it’s a Circadi improvement I may keep it and extend it. Again, I love Deceptionary.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2019, SethHoward wrote:
Do you do readings? I know Mark Strivings has a couple of designs in his S.U.C. booklet. They are then used for effects.

That’s useful thank you! I’ve not looked at that booklet in years, hopefully I still have it.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2019, The_MetalMaster wrote:
Mevproshop has the Cicardi Project, a 2 DVD set of Dr. Charles Scott performing his TV show Mind Probe where the main feature of his show is the Q&A act using the Hull cards. It also comes with digital files of Dr. Scott's Hull card design.

Do you have this? Which Volume is it? I see there’s two, two disk sets. I’d try to track down a second hand copy but I honestly couldn’t justify the price tag for 2 DVDs at the new price as I’d only really be looking for the tent card design, which I believe will be pretty much the Meyer card which I’ve seen on Doug’s site. Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Someone's got the fever! Smile
I've asked to be banned
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Someone's got the fever! Smile

Genuinely very ill at the moment with flu! I’ve read more (magic wise) this week than I have all year.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hull tent card inspiration, please! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL