The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Leaving the internet (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2019, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2019, magicfish wrote:

Putting 4 billion people in the same room is never a good idea.

Especially if you have to wait for the one bathroom.

Oh no, don’t worry, there are millions of bathrooms in this room.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
And yet somehow my wife is still waiting on line long after I'm done.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
About 7 Billion on the planet, all in the same room already. So what's the problem with people being able to share pictures of cats with some text?

Maybe we should talk about how a house divided is at a disadvantage when in competition for resources or under siege.

Apple's IOS is up to 13.1.3 already. If you depend on your phone or PC, maybe it's not a good idea to update the operating system the same week as the .0 version goes public. From Forbes today
Quote:
Apple iOS 13.2.2 has landed and it’s both an essential upgrade and a negligent mess. Apple’s sixth rapid-fire update since September addresses the appalling performance problems introduced by iOS 13.2 but introduces new ones and ignores major ongoing issues. ...
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
About 7 Billion on the planet, all in the same room already. So what's the problem with people being able to share pictures of cats with some text?

Maybe we should talk about how a house divided is at a disadvantage when in competition for resources or under siege.

Apple's IOS is up to 13.1.3 already. If you depend on your phone or PC, maybe it's not a good idea to update the operating system the same week as the .0 version goes public. From Forbes today
Quote:
Apple iOS 13.2.2 has landed and it’s both an essential upgrade and a negligent mess. Apple’s sixth rapid-fire update since September addresses the appalling performance problems introduced by iOS 13.2 but introduces new ones and ignores major ongoing issues. ...

Incorrect.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Greg has most likely not entirely left the internet... news has it that both medical records and facial recognition data are on the cloud.

Recalls the ending of Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 where somebody matching a description was needed for some reason and ...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Https://cthulhuventures.com/

there's more in news if you need the astonishment Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Https://cthulhuventures.com/portfolio/privateaccess/

Remember the old carny gag where they would announce on the public address system to beware of pickpockets? The rubes would pat the pockets with the wallets in them, from which action the finger-smiths would take their cue.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Love how on the front page they tout themselves as into "green energy" and then you notice that one of their subsidiaries is this:

https://cthulhuventures.com/portfolio/ra......company/

When private hedge funds start talking bout "disruption," the only thing they're trying to disrupt is the flow of money away from their eager hands.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

In other news someone demonstrated that power grids and generators can be damaged by software updates and a few toggles of the on/off switch.

So it's not so much whether you leave the internet as whether the internet leaves you (in the dark).
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess the self imposed ban is over.

Glad Greg made his was back.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Yes. I was able to put in an older version of the OS system. I still lost a ton of info that I'll never get back: notes, movies, pdfs, ideas, stories, etc... but I just have to get used to that. The reality is I know I've lost stuff I don't even remember I had... and that causes a bit of anxiety from time to time.

Thankfully some of the guys that I bought various effects and books over the years have sent me replacements. Since I'm using an older OS I still have a few problems, but none as bad as what happened that cleared out my old hard drive.

Anyway, it's been a bit of an uphill battle, and truthfully, sometimes I feel it really wasn't worth getting back online, but here I am. Oh, well.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well to be fair about it thee are others that are happier for you being around. That is no joke.

Glad to have ya!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On May 28, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
Well to be fair about it thee are others that are happier for you being around. That is no joke.

Glad to have ya!

Thanks. There was only one other place I missed not being on, other than The Magic Café, and the other one WASN'T Facebook. Smile It's nice being back.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
One cannot escape the virtual world because the real world is virtually nothing. To create something is to make a thing from nothing and this nothing is virtually this thing.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Leaving the internet (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL