The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Krampusnacht III (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
801 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2019, Seance wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2019, LebanonCircle wrote:
...<snip>

(19 left BTW)

Darkly

Dan

Make that 18. Just ordered!

Make that 17. I hem and hawed around long enough and didn't want to kick myself after the 50 had been sold. I just ordered as well.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
801 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Now I'll have to scour the for sale boards for previous editions in this line. (That is when I recover from the money spent on this)

Goes off to dig through my magic boxes to see what I can sell off.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On Oct 13, 2019, Chris Meece wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2019, Seance wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2019, LebanonCircle wrote:
...<snip>

(19 left BTW)

Darkly

Dan

Make that 18. Just ordered!

Make that 17. I hem and hawed around long enough and didn't want to kick myself after the 50 had been sold. I just ordered as well.

Maybe 16? I just ordered as well. Ive missed out on many of Dans wonderful contributions in the past but not this time.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
801 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
While I am waiting for Christmas and delivery my mind is awash with possibilities.

1. After the effect and in the process of picking the cards up you can accidentally bump the horn causing it to spin again. Warn the spectators not to move and have the horn stop pointing at a spectator. Tell them they better sleep with their light on tonight.

2. I wonder if it would be possible to have the horn turn away from its inclined position using a PK ring. Pick up the naughty card as you are cleaning up and have the horn follow it. Possibly toss it aside or maybe mark out the name and the horn no longer follows the card.
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, California
224 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
When are these expected to ship?
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
875 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2019, dorian_faust wrote:
When are these expected to ship?

As it says on the product page, the initial 50 will be shipped by the 1st December
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Stumbled across this if anyone is interested.

https://www.wetanz.com/shop/prop-replicas/krampus-bell
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

While it's only a child doing the review it gives you a better idea of the prop.

https://youtu.be/A4LYoQhihCQ
Dr. O
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
229 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Thanks for the heads up on the Krampus bell. Nice bit of window dressing to go with the Krampusnacht story.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

I went ahead and purchased one. Came to 26.87 with shipping.

I will post my thoughts once I receive it.

-Bob
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
801 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2019, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
While it's only a child doing the review it gives you a better idea of the prop.

https://youtu.be/A4LYoQhihCQ

Man that kid has tiny hands. He must be related to our president.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1223 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Great find, Bob! Hey, doesn't Dan's original Krampusnacht routine use a Christmas bell as a marker for the good children? Maybe this could be the perfect marker for the naughty pile, instead of the stick--this delicate little shiny bell next to this big, unsightly, rusted hunk of iron...

Or maybe a Which Hand routine: you are always drawn to the location of the hellish bell... are you an agent of Krampus? Or, perhaps you narrowly escaped him as a child, snatching this bell off his cloak as you did, and he always lurks just outside the corners of your awareness during the festive season, waiting to take back what is owed...

Anyway, I just ordered one. Just in case I ever come across a reasonably priced set of the original Krampusnacht... Smile

Seth
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
875 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Just in case you were thinking about it...

There's 6 left!

Darkly

Dan
Footman
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Footman
Another great Lebanon Circle release... looking forward to an early Christmas present to myself and all the naughty children
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

So I posted a possible routine idea downstairs. It would be a possible way to incorporate the prop bell I mentioned above.

Feel free to take a look.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1223 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I think Das Krompass is going to be our new version of Elf on the Shelf..!

Smile

Seth
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Had to jump in on this... looks so cool....
Footman
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Footman
I ordered 2 Krampus bells from Weta as the postage was the same as ordering one (tracked shipping was £17). I don’t really need two, so if anyone in UK wants my spare please PM me
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5189 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Jay Sankey put out a trick called Slay Bells: https://www.b8y.info/oldml1620en.html
I wonder if the method could be applied to these bells? Could make for another phase in the Krampus act.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1223 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Well, my Krampus bell arrived... it is a bit disappointing. It looked like it was made of metal in the pics, but I guess I missed the description saying it is made of painted resin. It feels like light plastic. The clapper inside seems to be a small bell itself... it makes kind of a plasticky rattling/ringing noise.

Oz, I don't know the method of Sankey's effect, but if it involves removing anything from the bell, that won't be possible. I suppose one could stuff something inside it, but the openings are extremely narrow.

Oh well! It was cheap. Now I'm back to being excited about Das Krompass!!

Seth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Krampusnacht III (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL