The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » New Magic Square methods coming soon (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 4,553+ posts, only credited with
126 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
The creation and solution of magic squares has certainly escalated over the last several years. But, I hasten to add, for me and possibly many others, it was Harry Lorayne's books and tapes that piqued my interest not only in magic squares but in the broader area of mathematical magic. I am forever indebted to him for introducing me to this form of entertainment.
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1086 Posts

Profile of Chris
I have today released a new magic square method: "Birthday Magic Square" https://www.lybrary.com/birthday-magic-square-p-923360.html There is zero math and the effect turns out to be stronger for spectators. This has become my favorite impromptu magic square effect. People are loving it.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
340 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
Thanks Chris! It was really a refreshing booklet! I can really recommend it!

The good thing about the new generations born after 2002 is that if you split their birthdays in four pieces (example 2008-may-31), you will get 31, 5, 20, 8 and no number will stand out as suprisingly high as the case is where people is born 1950-1999.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1086 Posts

Profile of Chris
Gus, thanks. I am very happy you liked my recent publication. With my method all numbers cluster around the numbers that have been entered by the spectator. And on top you have a bit of flexibility to shape in which direction they will lean.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
hcs
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany, Magdeburg
364 Posts

Profile of hcs
It's not enough to just read Jim Solberg's books once. I'm constantly finding new ideas and suggestions because my knowledge and point of view are also changing. For example, I just found an excellent idea to force a magic sum in Jim's new book.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge!
Melencolia I - Magic Squares for the Mental Entertainer * Smart Methods for 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Magic Squares * 148 A4-pages
Christian de Punto
View Profile
New user
Hagen Germany
64 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2019, Chris wrote:
I have today released a new magic square method: "Birthday Magic Square" https://www.lybrary.com/birthday-magic-square-p-923360.html There is zero math and the effect turns out to be stronger for spectators. This has become my favorite impromptu magic square effect. People are loving it.

very good work! I like the concept of the basic square with the zones. to enter in the trick with 4 different numbers instead of a "two digit number between 34 and 99" makes it "more random"...
hcs
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany, Magdeburg
364 Posts

Profile of hcs
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2019, hcs wrote:
The bad news: Your suggestion comes too late.

I have another discovery, which extends the solutions for the "any starting number in any cell" problem of J. Solberg or myself by a climax.

After constructing the 4x4 magic square for a given starting number in any cell, I extend the magic square by a border to a 6x6 square. The numbers in this 6x6 magic square are consecutive (36 numbers; starting number till starting number plus 35).

The good news: I will add this to my book “Melencolia I” as an update. This update will be available free of charge in November 2019 - as always at Lybrary.com. I will inform you about this in this thread.

Another good news: My solution is simple! You can do it under fire! The spectators can follow and understand. You don’t need a calculator!

It is the first workable solution for a 6x6 magic square of consecutive numbers for mathemagicians.
I will release the new update of Melencolia I next week. Stay tuned!
Melencolia I - Magic Squares for the Mental Entertainer * Smart Methods for 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Magic Squares * 148 A4-pages
hcs
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany, Magdeburg
364 Posts

Profile of hcs
I finished my update. Read more at Lybrary.com. Enjoy!
Jimso
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Jimso
The Melencolia update is a big deal, folks. HCS is correct in saying it is the first workable solution for the 6x6 magic square of consecutive numbers for mathemagicians. For those who do not know, the 6x6 case is so unique that it needs special handling. Up until now, the published methods were too awkward to use in a live performance, even though the size is within reason. Larger sizes have workable methods, but would take too long for most audiences. The point is, this is a breakthrough development. Bravo, hcs!
hcs
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany, Magdeburg
364 Posts

Profile of hcs
Thank you very much for your kind words! I appreciate that very much. But also your three books are an invaluable source! I read them again and again to get inspirations.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » New Magic Square methods coming soon (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL