The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Webster Video (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2107 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Can anyone tell me about the Richard Webster cold reading for psychics video? The only reference I’ve ever seen to it is by Doug Dyment.

Who published it if not self published? Was it ever released on DVD? Is it available anywhere? If not, is it worth tracking down?

Thanks!
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2116 Posts

Profile of ddyment
The publisher information for this (correct name: Techniques for Psychics) is listed in my free essay on cold reading resources. It is one of three video recordings (the other two being on pendulums and close-up mentalism) that Richard made for Brian Flora's company, and which were sold exclusively by them in the 1990s. All three are still listed and described on Flora's Web site, though the status of their availability at this point is anyone's guess.

Flora died of a massive heart attack in 2002, very shortly after DVDs first arrived in the marketplace, and I don't believe that his company ever produced DVD versions of their many previously-released VHS videos.
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2107 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2019, ddyment wrote:
The publisher information for this (correct name: Techniques for Psychics) is listed in my free essay on cold reading resources. It is one of three video recordings (the other two being on pendulums and close-up mentalism) that Richard made for Brian Flora's company, and which were sold exclusively by them in the 1990s. All three are still listed and described on Flora's Web site, though the status of their availability at this point is anyone's guess.

Flora died of a massive heart attack in 2002, very shortly after DVDs first arrived in the marketplace, and I don't believe that his company ever produced DVD versions of their many previously-released VHS videos.

Thank you Doug and thank you for your wonderful resources. Would you say it's worth tracking down?
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2116 Posts

Profile of ddyment
I think any opportunity to see a good cold reader at work is worth seeking out ... and Richard is among the best. I think the only way to learn cold reading is to actually do it (as I explain in the aforementioned essay), but seeing real-world examples is still a great adjunct.
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I ordered from Jan Flora about a year ago, she has migrated most of the video to DVD.
I purchased another of Richard's video.

She was fulfilling orders, there was a slight delay as she had just moved.

Contact her and I'm sure she can help you out.

Tony
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2107 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2019, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
I ordered from Jan Flora about a year ago, she has migrated most of the video to DVD.
I purchased another of Richard's video.

She was fulfilling orders, there was a slight delay as she had just moved.

Contact her and I'm sure she can help you out.

Tony

Great to hear! Thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Webster Video (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL