The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Help with Traveling Show (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes it would be worthless. And it should be something not passed off as experience. It should be admitted up front.

Free ads from 50 years ago in fantasy land on the radio promoting a haunted house. THIS IS NOT A TOURING SHOW.

My lord stop.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Last year is hardly 50 years ago. And I will stop with the update below:

Well I’ve decided that I will take Danny and Minpro’s advice and from now on start my own threads to share information. They said they wouldn’t interfere there so we shall see. It would certainly stop some of the bickering back and forth that has taken place the past couple of months. I do apologize to all those that had to put up with it. I take full reasonability for my part in the derailment it has caused and I’m sorry for my bad behavior. Maybe I can return to being my real self now and start sharing some helpful advice soon on my own thread. Thanks everybody.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I will show the EXACT same restraint you have in the other threads Tom. Sound fair?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Good for him, though I don't think he'll be able to restrain himself, lol. Time will tell...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh no he won't. He will start his own thread, nobody will care and he will be RIGHT BACK here derailing every thread.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
No, he'll get some of the people here that want the general, basic feel-good, rah-rah stuff, or those that want to operate on the cheap. It will be general business advice and perspective as always and not entertainment business-specific info or insights. As he's said members aren't stupid and will decide the type of info their business truly needs.
walidosama
View Profile
Regular user
algeria
107 Posts

Profile of walidosama
I did a traveling show before ... but it wasn't self found a local association found it with the culture ministere it was really fun I did magic to ppls never seen some thing like that before you can't imagine reaction am thinking of doing one again and go to more poor places tray it some time it would be really fun
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I'm back . . . .
Sorry about not chiming in earlier. The Café stopped notifying me there were new posts on this thread so I thought it was dead.

Full disclosure, I am being coached by MindPro.

I have decided to postpone any 4-walling in smaller (3000+) towns for now. I am in the process of starting a residency (2-wall) at a local hotel. So far I have gotten my photos done and collected. I have built a website ( http://HeresKerry.com ) and gotten business cards made. I have also gotten a second line so as not to mix up client calls.

Raleigh area has more than 145 hotels. I have gone to each website of a 3 star or higher and collected data to include the number of beds, meeting room number and size, dining and bar, the promotions director's name and contact info. I will be proposing to them a free staff party entertainment for the holidays. These are usually in January.

BTW, tell me what you think of the website! It still needs work, but I am pleased with it. http://HeresKerry.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Mindpro who?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Oh there’s a surprise. Smile $$$

Good luck.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Money well spent.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2019, KC Cameron wrote:
Money well spent.

If this I have no doubt. All kidding aside.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
Money well spent.

A little early to make that call I would say. But in the end I genuinely hope you get a show / arrangement you are happy with. If you manage that, it will be.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Money well spent. Period.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
Money well spent. Period.

Very well could be. Glad you are happy with your decision.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
In reality it can be found out pretty quickly if the money is well spent.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Well, I mailed 7 of the larger hotels in the area for a free staff holiday arty show. I got 2 bites and one no! I then emailed 7 other hotels, but have only received one negative response. I can get good video and referrals from these holiday parties. I will also try for a residency in these hotels in Jan-Feb time frame.

I will continue to contact all the hotels, convention centers, event planners and DJs in the coming year.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Sounds good. What style of show are you wanting your residency to be?
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I will be doing a mixture of stand-up comedy and comedy mentalism. I just got a gig for this Thursday! A lunch meeting.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2019, KC Cameron wrote:
I will be doing a mixture of stand-up comedy and comedy mentalism. I just got a gig for this Thursday! A lunch meeting.

That’s great! If all goes according to plan I’ll be doing some public “traveling” shows in late February and March as well. *fingers crossed*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Help with Traveling Show (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL