We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Viajero by Copeland Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Circuit_Breaker
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Circuit_Breaker
I give this product a thumbs down.

First let me say Copeland Coins makes great products and their prices are very good. The traveller coin purse is great and nothing I say about the Viajero applies to the traveller. Some of the classes they offer come with coins. I call them classes because their learning system makes them feel like more like a class than an instructional dvd. The routines are great and well thought out. I really hope they release Jeff's spellbound marker routine in the future.

Now for the negative review. The material is suede, which is a cheaper form of leather that has been split and does not have the flesh side. It just doesn't work for the purse. It is very thin suede too, almost feels like paper. Maybe if it was five panels with stitching on the bottom edges it would work. Or if it was double bottomed. Also the imperfections were excessive, like the top being a bigger square than the bottom when closed.

Upholstery leather would have been a much better option and would have looked even better than the traveller. It would still need the double bottom and would have had to be priced higher than the traveller.

In my honest opinion this product should be discontinued in its current state.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5061 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2019, Circuit_Breaker wrote:
I give this product a thumbs down.

Now for the negative review. The material is suede, which is a cheaper form of leather that has been split and does not have the flesh side. It just doesn't work for the purse. It is very thin suede too, almost feels like paper. Maybe if it was five panels with stitching on the bottom edges it would work. Or if it was double bottomed. Also the imperfections were excessive, like the top being a bigger square than the bottom when closed.

Did you not see that they are advertised as suede? I own a Traveler and 2 Viajero's. I ordered the Viajero's with beeswax finish and they not only look like a skin on the outer parts but they feel very unlike "paper" Maybe the wax strengthens it? Mine are slightly bigger on top than bottom if I close them empty but with coins inside, I have no problem like that.

Quote:
On Oct 21, 2019, Circuit_Breaker wrote:
Upholstery leather would have been a much better option and would have looked even better than the traveller. It would still need the double bottom and would have had to be priced higher than the traveller.
In my honest opinion this product should be discontinued in its current state.

Since the rights to Traveler were sold to Murphy's, The double bottom (or "gimmick" for what it did) cannot be done on the Viajero's so that is not going to happen. I do wonder why you would possibly think that just because "you" are not happy with it that the entire product should be discontinued? really like the massive amount of options are great and I use mine daily. I am also pretty sure you will find yourself in the minority thinking just because you don't like it, it should be off the market altogether. If you do not like it, sell it in the buy and sell section and be on your merry way. You will be happy to be rid of it and someone will be happy to have it.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
I love mine. I use multiple purses/wallets for my coins. Both the traveler and xl viajero (made in white soccer ball leather) are on my top carry lists
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Viajero by Copeland Coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL