The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Taken by The Other Brothers (76 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
943 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I AM curious, though. Stating the whole thing being completely hands off and being "the strongest trick in magic and mentalism" ... ok bro's, let's show what you got. IMO if you talk it up that much and want to keep up your reputation you should deliver...
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Harley Remington
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Harley Remington
This appears to be a miracle of the highest magnitude! I, for one, eagerly await the opportunity to gleefully give them some cash!
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1562 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I AM curious, though. Stating the whole thing being completely hands off and being "the strongest trick in magic and mentalism" ... ok bro's, let's show what you got. IMO if you talk it up that much and want to keep up your reputation you should deliver...

They weren't saying their trick is the strongest trick in magic and mentalism. They were saying that directly revealing what someone is thinking of is the strongest trick in magic and mentalism.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
943 Posts

Ah. The good old advertising “I implied that but technically I didn’t say that”-trick. That’s a pity. Just like showing Stasis 360 in the trailer, implying it can be shown 360. Why overpromisevand underdeliver? Stasis was pretty good, but overpromising made it a disappointment for a good number of customers.I hope this will be different.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Christian de Punto
View Profile
New user
Hagen Germany
39 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
Curious... indeed.
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
Where is this on Penguin? I can't find it.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4212 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Will be released sometime this week, not there yet.
Alex McFly
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Alex McFly
Same trailer and no further informations

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12593
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1147 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2019, Alex McFly wrote:
Same trailer and no further informations

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12593

Well the price at least is available.
Alex McFly
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Alex McFly
You are right ;-)
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10475 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2019, Harley Remington wrote:
This appears to be a miracle of the highest magnitude! I, for one, eagerly await the opportunity to gleefully give them some cash!

Well seems really inexpensive. Hmmm.

I’m on the sidelines awaiting solid multiple reviews.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7485 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Me too.

Let’s hope we don’t get ‘taken’ for a ride with this one.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
884 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Following this one with interest Smile
ryanshaw9572
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of ryanshaw9572
I’m going to get good at the tricks I already know first. Still haven’t got around to doing that.
Mr. Dural
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Mr. Dural
Hi,

Quick info :

I don't know about " miracle of the highest magnitude" but its very good. It's reminds me of something Scott Creasy would do. I believe Docc Hilford had a similar idea with an envelope.
I would describe it as an hand-off Shaxton .

PROS :

•You can make the gimmick yourself cheaply (DIY Time : 10 minutes, regular stationery needed)
• its hands off, the spectator is doing all the work (This is the attribute that sets it apart from predecessors)
• It improves (in my opinion) the shaxton envelope mainly because of the hand-off-ness.

CONS
• They cannot retrieve the card from the envelope after the trick (you can fix this after the performance)
• They cant write more than on the top quarter of the card. (with some re-engineering this could be more)

USES :

• Well just about any mentalism that requires someone writing a small piece of info on a card and sealing it. With some thinking it could be used for 4DT, a one-on-one Q&A, Phedon's Sybil (for the name part), pin code divination etc.
I would give it 8.5 /10 . I would keep this in my wallet for those times I don't have an impression device on me.
Martin Duffy
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Martin Duffy
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Assuming it’s electronics of sorts.

Hardly...it's $30
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
943 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 23, 2019, Martin Duffy wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Assuming it’s electronics of sorts.

Hardly...it's $30

The price wasn't revealed yet at that time.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
943 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 23, 2019, Mr. Dural wrote:
Hi,

Quick info :

I don't know about " miracle of the highest magnitude" but its very good. It's reminds me of something Scott Creasy would do. I believe Docc Hilford had a similar idea with an envelope.
I would describe it as an hand-off Shaxton .

PROS :

•You can make the gimmick yourself cheaply (DIY Time : 10 minutes, regular stationery needed)
• its hands off, the spectator is doing all the work (This is the attribute that sets it apart from predecessors)
• It improves (in my opinion) the shaxton envelope mainly because of the hand-off-ness.

CONS
• They cannot retrieve the card from the envelope after the trick (you can fix this after the performance)
• They cant write more than on the top quarter of the card. (with some re-engineering this could be more)

USES :

• Well just about any mentalism that requires someone writing a small piece of info on a card and sealing it. With some thinking it could be used for 4DT, a one-on-one Q&A, Phedon's Sybil (for the name part), pin code divination etc.
I would give it 8.5 /10 . I would keep this in my wallet for those times I don't have an impression device on me.

Thanks so much, Mr Dural! Can you tell us more about that "They could fill out the card a mile away and you'd still have the information"?
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
This does seem very intriguing. There's a small snippet in the trailer where they hand him the envelope stack. so they keep hold of their envelope at all times. seems interesting - a hands off shaxon that seems examin-able. It looks as if this is a shippable product... so they send props to make? I guess the envelopes which you tweak. I'd be interested to know if this can be made with other envelopes or if the ones supplied are somehow gaffed. If so, will refills be available? envelopes aren't particularly durable.
Mr. Dural
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Mr. Dural
That part is true...They can write the info across the street but you only get the info after they have taken their envelope and put it in their pocket and have you the rest back, as per the demo (0:36 to :040)

Do not expect a real time impression like a M**DB**STER pad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Taken by The Other Brothers (76 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL