The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tarot resources (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
katarinag
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of katarinag
There is so much wonderful advice in this thread. Thank you all so much!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2107 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2019, katarinag wrote:

November 1st is the last day for his pip training then it’ll never happen again. Facebook might be best way to contact him. I don’t know anything about his pip course other than you’ve got one day left.
katarinag
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of katarinag
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2019, Rupert Bair wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2019, katarinag wrote:

November 1st is the last day for his pip training then it’ll never happen again. Facebook might be best way to contact him. I don’t know anything about his pip course other than you’ve got one day left.

One day left to register, or to somehow speed through an entire course?

Either way, I will email him immediately!
katarinag
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of katarinag
Quote:

Sincere thanks for telling me about the Nov 1 deadline. I emailed, got into the course, am starting tomorrow. Not sure if it was serendipity, magic, fate or just dumb luck but I'm very happy about the timing!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2107 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2019, katarinag wrote:
Quote:

Sincere thanks for telling me about the Nov 1 deadline. I emailed, got into the course, am starting tomorrow. Not sure if it was serendipity, magic, fate or just dumb luck but I'm very happy about the timing!

Please let me know how you get on!
Arkadiy K
View Profile
New user
November Woods
65 Posts

Profile of Arkadiy K
The website http://www.aeclectic.net/ is a good place to see what's available in tarot decks, with previews of some or all the cards in each deck (for picking out a deck or decks suitable for your taste or presentations). It also has a page on tarot meanings.

The Book of Tarot by Susan Gerulskis-Estes is a slim, succinct book that would be a good introduction. It has illustrations from the Morgan-Greer deck, which uses the same symbology as the Rider-Waite deck (the most common symbol system, shared by many decks).

I would also recommend Choice-Centered Tarot aka Everyday Tarot (the more recent edition) by Gail Fairfield because of its coverage of numerology in the tarot context. These days there are probably many others that cover tarot numerology.

I'll ditto the recommendation of Rachel Pollack's 78 Degrees of Wisdom.

And beyond those and the other excellent recommendations in this thread, for further reading flip through books in a store or check previews online to find others whose writing style and illustrations stimulate you.

This is a really good pursuit for developing symbolic awareness and the creative imagination, not just for divination (or just mulling something over) and self-development, but also for creative activity in general.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4224 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
On a tangential note, I just picked up the "Welcome to Night Vale" tarot:

https://topatoco.com/products/cpb-wtnv-tarot-holloway

For those of us who are fans of the podcast, this seems like a fun collector's deck. I'm curious to how they match up the cards to characters and events from the podcast.

Meanwhile, the AP Art Class at our school had a project where the students were asked to re-interpret a classic Tarot card (spurred on by my donation of several used decks). My favorite interpretation was a student who depicted "The World" as a girl sleeping in bed, with a blanket upon which a map of Earth was depicted.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
StreetWitch
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Ohio
49 Posts

Profile of StreetWitch
I just sent you a PM to my own tarot learning tool. If anyone else is interested PM me as well. It's free but I won't post it to the board!
oliverho
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of oliverho
I would also suggest "The Tarot Reader's Notebook" by Ron Martin. It's on the MEVPRO Shop, too: http://www.mevproshop.com/tarot-readers-notebook.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tarot resources (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL