The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Tears of Karnac (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PhilFlad
View Profile
New user
Manhattan Beach CA
9 Posts

Profile of PhilFlad
Uncertain whether I have the correct name of this shocker.

I seem to remember reading of the method a long time ago, at least I do remember seeing it performed a long time ago in Pittsburgh's Nixon theater. Magician entered, silent, pin spot on his face, drum roll as he pressed his wand against the underside of his lower eyelid. Appearance (from my seat in the second balcony) was that a shiny metal dowel, about a quarter of an inch in diameter and three quarters of an inch long, emerged straight forward from the pupil of his eye, and fell with a clang on the metal tray he held. Audience gasped and he slowly repeated it with the other eye. Thunderous reaction from the house.

Anyone aware of its being done recently and any other associated information?

Thanks.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2905 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It's in the book Swami/Mantra.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Keep in mind, in Swami Mantra there are two methods. One real, one fake.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
PhilFlad
View Profile
New user
Manhattan Beach CA
9 Posts

Profile of PhilFlad
I'm certain I have read a description of the (presumed) "real" method which would seem to involve considerable discomfort, if not critical danger. I'm unfamiliar with Swami Mantra, and my source would have been a publication of some years past. The whole thing was brought back to mind by my seeing Ian Rowland drive a spike up his nose and subsequent enquiries of my MD as to that moment's legitimacy. Of course, he verified the existence of the passage with the suitable caveat that millimeters of depth spelled the difference between a paycheck and a Tommy Cooper farewell, if not in kind at least in timing.

Thank you both for tipping the book. I assure you my interest is academic.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2905 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
The spike up nose is known in the sideshow world as the Human Blockhead act, and yes, it's legit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Tears of Karnac (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL