The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Aces assembly with punch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TeddyBoy
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, NY
298 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
Due to time limitations I would like member input as to which of the following aces assembly has the most "punch." I just don't have the time to give proper attention to all of them.

1) Hitchcock aces (Ortiz)
2) Jazz aces (Ortiz version)
3) MacDonald aces (?, but I have Derek Dingle version)
4) Follow the leader (Harry Lorayne)
5) Slow motion aces (Dai Vernon)
So many sleights...so little time.
Cheers,

Ted
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27031 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The one where they pick a pile and you make the other kings appear in that packette.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
The one where they pick a pile and you make the other kings appear in that packette.

That would be Macdonald’s Aces. Very good trick, but uses gaffs. I like Jazz Aces
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
The spectator cannot select the pile where the 4 aces appear in MacDonalds Aces...unless you used magicians choice. The original routine uses the leader ace premise to determine where the 4 aces end up.

Mr.Townsend might be referring to another ace assembly.
bobmag56
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of bobmag56
MacDonalds Aces from Frank Garcia in New Stars of Magic is excellent, but does use gimmicked cards. I did have Jazz Aces which I think used ordinary cards and is very nice.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
618 Posts

Profile of ejohn
For an excellent non-gaffed ace assembly, check out Lorayne’s Fantastic Ace Assembly at https://youtu.be/mUvZZ0LBjGA. It on his Best Ever DVD set.
magicwiia
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of magicwiia
To the OP - I am not familiar enough to select from your options. Here are the two best Aces assemblies with a surprise ending that I know of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K8nZyu7ds4 - Amazing ending and absolutely off-the-charts smooth performance especially in the last pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVyQG-7rS5Y - Didn't see it coming
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1596 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Wow! Thanks for the links, magicwilia. I watched the second video and enjoyed it thoroughly. The construction (if that's the word I want) is clever because of the way the goblet captures our attention and shapes our expectations. Anyone know if this is written up somewhere? Meanwhile, ejohn, I have to look at my Best Ever V. 1 and see whether Lorayne's FAA is on it. I now realize that I like Ace Assemblies!
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1596 Posts

Profile of Bob G
P. S. I got lucky -- FAA is on V. 1. Another great one. So Harry, I have a question for you. Given that your FAA resembles a coin-assembly effect, a bit like a matrix effect, have you created the "cards" equivalent of a "backfire" matrix? At least I *think* "backfire" is the word: where all the Aces seem to have assembled at one corner, but at the end they're suddenly back in their original corners. I ask because I have a little story to go with such effects. My patter would probably go better with a "coins" version, but I thought it would be fun to experiment with a "cards" version too.

Bob
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4802 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
No Backfire is when 3 join one ! Reverse is when They Go back to the 4 Corners !
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
916 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Just as I read the word "backfire" I thought to myself, I'm going to tell Bob to contact Dave Neighbors. haha! Next Post..... David Neighbors! As far as I am convinced Dave is the king of backfires!

I am not familiar enough with those choices that Teddy mentioned. but I can say McDonalds aces blew my doors when I bought Michael Ammars ETMCM vhs.....yes, VHS!
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1596 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Hey, thanks, Dollarbill! I have a couple of David's books, and they're great. Both have matrix-like routines with coins. Not sure about cards... David?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4802 Posts

Hi Bob,
Yea I have some Card Assembly's I know I have reverse Assembly's Not sure on Backfire's I Would to look !
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4802 Posts

Hi Bob,
Here is an Assembly But it is not in print yet ! https://www.facebook.com/david.neighbors......957/?t=7

Let me Know If the Link does not Work ?
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Aces assembly with punch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.48 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL