The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Acro Index by Blake Vogt (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks like Blake Vogt has been working hard.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=65736

Description:

Change anything into anything. With this gimmicked note card, you can change anything you write into anything else!

This is an acrobatic flap card built into a regular looking 3x5 index card. The mechanics are built into the gimmick so the visual change is self-working. Great for any reveal of anything.

Because these are made on durable strong paper, you can even write on it in pencil and then erase what you wrote and do something different. The possibilities are endless.

Add this incredible gimmick to your arsenal today. This is Acro Index.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Any reviews?
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2021, 1KJ wrote:
Any reviews?

Yes, it's in Craig Petty's Best Tricks of 2020, or at least a variation of it is - the Dry Erase version:

https://youtu.be/iU0OwoE8C4g
Gavin.Wong
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Gavin.Wong
There's a dry erase version as well. With the regular version, you can't change the final reveal. https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=67993
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2019, Magic KL wrote:
Looks like Blake Vogt has been working hard.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=65736

Description:

Change anything into anything. With this gimmicked note card, you can change anything you write into anything else!

This is an acrobatic flap card built into a regular looking 3x5 index card. The mechanics are built into the gimmick so the visual change is self-working. Great for any reveal of anything.

Because these are made on durable strong paper, you can even write on it in pencil and then erase what you wrote and do something different. The possibilities are endless.

Add this incredible gimmick to your arsenal today. This is Acro Index.

Shame he’s not been working hard fulfilling customer orders and refunds. Wouldn’t touch anything he releases with a barge pole.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2711 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I agree with Pegasus. Cr*ploads of complaints about his customer service & plenty of people paying but not receiving their goods. Better treat him like the British Covid.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yep agreed with above, disregards his customers and does not seem to give a rats a**
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I agree with Pegasus. Cr*ploads of complaints about his customer service & plenty of people paying but not receiving their goods. Better treat him like the British Covid.

Correction. There is no such thing as a 'British Covid' - rather a variation of Covid identified in the UK. Similarly there is no South African Covid - again a variation identified by scientists in South Africa.

Sorry, it is something us Brits feel rather strongly about and are keen to correct.

But back to the thread. Due to complaints about customer service, again those tempted to order need to be aware.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2021, NeilS wrote:
Quote:

Correction. There is no such thing as a 'British Covid' - rather a variation of Covid identified in the UK. Similarly there is no South African Covid - again a variation identified by scientists in South Africa.

Sorry, it is something us Brits feel rather strongly about and are keen to correct.

But back to the thread. Due to complaints about customer service, again those tempted to order need to be aware.

Neil, speaking as a Yank, you are 100% correct. But is there such a thing as a "British pint" or a "British stout?"
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
No disrespect to Craig Petty, I like him a lot, but he is more of a professional youtuber/reviewer. He has openly expressed his bias in favor of some individuals and companies.

I am really looking for a few Magic Café members to give me their opinions.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2021, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Neil, speaking as a Yank, you are 100% correct. But is there such a thing as a "British pint" or a "British stout?"
Michael

Not to dwell off topic, but if a strand originates in the UK, wouldn't it be helpful to give it a name, like British Covid so people can immediately pin point it? Perhaps there is a different treatment protocol for British Covid. I wouldn't at all be upset if in the US we had a Trump Covid or a Biden Covid. And, of course, the proper protocol would be to remove them both from office for the safety and wellbeing of others.

KJ
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2711 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Hi Neil, I understand you. Didn’t mean to upset you or any other Brit. Except Pegasus maybe, in friendly way. 😄
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
No disrespect to Craig Petty, I like him a lot, but he is more of a professional youtuber/reviewer. He has openly expressed his bias in favor of some individuals and companies.

KJ

I’m sorry what?

I’m not a professional YouTuber. Yes I have a YouTube channel but my business my career is as a working magician. I run three companies that are all entertainment based and I perform A LOT!

Also when I review a product I purchase everything myself as I don’t want to be beholden to any magic company. I brought Acro Index from Vanishing Inc and therefore didn’t experience bad customer service from Blake so that’s something I cannot comment on.

Finally I do not favour particular creators. I am a fan of Blake’s creations but that wouldn’t stop me ripping him to bits if I spent money on a product that I considered was poor. Look at CTG by Peter Eggink. I consider Peter a friend but I ripped that product to bits because it is overpriced rubbish. Unlike when I was on The Wizard Product Review I can say what I want without any telling me otherwise.

Acro Index is a great product. It always gets a great reaction and I highly recommend it.

Hope that helps.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
In stock again at dealers such as Tannens if you want to avoid dealing with Blake.

https://www.tannens.com/collections/acro......fQ%3D%3D
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Is this not similar to Destinesia by Jamie Daws ? Best wishes Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Sorry just watched the video and it’s a single flap type gimmick from what I can make out Gaz 😊
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I bought the dry erase version after Craig's recommendation and it works as advertised...It's nicely constructed and with proper care it should last a good long time. However, the price does feel steep for what it is, unless you have a good use for it then the cost is probably negligible. Acro Index is ideally suited for Zoom shows and social media because it's highly visual (It's actually kind of fun to play with). In summary, if you can find a use for Acro Index then you'll probably be able to look past the price tag.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:

KJ

I’m sorry what?

I’m not a professional YouTuber. Yes I have a YouTube channel but my business my career is as a working magician. I run three companies that are all entertainment based and I perform A LOT!

Also when I review a product I purchase everything myself as I don’t want to be beholden to any magic company. I brought Acro Index from Vanishing Inc and therefore didn’t experience bad customer service from Blake so that’s something I cannot comment on.

Finally I do not favour particular creators. I am a fan of Blake’s creations but that wouldn’t stop me ripping him to bits if I spent money on a product that I considered was poor. Look at CTG by Peter Eggink. I consider Peter a friend but I ripped that product to bits because it is overpriced rubbish. Unlike when I was on The Wizard Product Review I can say what I want without any telling me otherwise.

Acro Index is a great product. It always gets a great reaction and I highly recommend it.

Hope that helps.

Don't get your panties in a wad. I like what you do a lot, keep up the good work. YOu have talked about your biased in favor of Alakazam, and whether you realize it or not, you have a bias in favor of some creators. That is ok, no problem. I don't know who are the various people that you favor, I'm not in your head. If you don't mind, I appreciate your reviews and, if you don't mind, I also like to hear from "regular people" on the Magic Café.

KJ
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
I’m fine. Thanks for asking.

I understand what you are saying but telling me you like my reviews is a bit of a lie isn’t it? Let’s be honest shall we.

I remember the things you said about me on the Café thread about my DVD Parlour. In case you have forgotten here’s the link.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&start=0

Is was more than just a review of a product it was also your opinion on me as a person and as a reviewer. Here’s one quote from that thread back in 2014.

“ When you are slamming some new magician's work on your show, does that help you feel better or help you get through the day?”

But now you like my reviews?

I appreciate the kind words and thanks for watching the show but it comes off as a little shallow.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2021, magicinsight wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Michael

Not to dwell off topic, but if a strand originates in the UK, wouldn't it be helpful to give it a name, like British Covid so people can immediately pin point it? Perhaps there is a different treatment protocol for British Covid. I wouldn't at all be upset if in the US we had a Trump Covid or a Biden Covid. And, of course, the proper protocol would be to remove them both from office for the safety and wellbeing of others.

KJ

I refer to it as the "X" variant of the China virus. i.e. The British strain of the China virus. I couldn't attach President Trumps name to it since it didn't originate from, or due to him. Regardless, I agree with clearly identifying/labeling any strains if it helps with patient care or preventative measures.
Hope everyone's doing well in these interesting times we're enjoying.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Acro Index by Blake Vogt (22 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL