The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bad habbits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1165 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Just for conversation, would you guys care to admit a bad habit you have while performing, or while booking & interacting with clients? Lets not get all judgemental and preachy though!
I'll start, at birthdays, I tend to forget to ask if the birthday child has a sibling (so I can give the sibling some extra attention also or get the sibling to volunteer for a trick, etc). Putting it in writing here may help me to remember (I have an awful memory). At the party I should also address the birthday mom/dad by name more, I get very focused on the birthday child's name and all kinds of other stuff so I have a hard time remembering additional names without looking at my schedule page.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2423 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
When I was working, I paid no attention to my "stage movement." I did all the "heavy lifting" with my voice, while I lumbered around willy-nilly.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9769 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
So nice to see a topic here about something other than tricks (excluding Curt).
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2277 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
When using a mic, I often forget to repeat what the assistant says before responding to the comments, and sometimes those comments are pure gold. Basically, the audience has no idea what I'm responding to. Now THAT'S bad.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3283 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2019, MichaelCGM wrote:
When using a mic, I often forget to repeat what the assistant says before responding to the comments, and sometimes those comments are pure gold. Basically, the audience has no idea what I'm responding to. Now THAT'S bad.

I had that problem, I fixed. It by buying a Shure Mic system that had an over the ear wireless mic and a hand held wireless mic with one receiver, it works great for hearing the child directly, sometimes it’s funnier when it comes directly from the child rather then the magician repeating it. or maybe not repeating it
monkeycat
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of monkeycat
Showing up for shows on the wrong day. A very bad habit of mine.
Russo
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Russo
Monkey cat - I've done that -especially when 2 months have same day/dates- Once showed up and parent exclaimed "I forgot to call and cancel", was Blessed and Lucky - she paid me anyway. Ahhhhhh Life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bad habbits (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL