The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Would this offend anyone? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mndude
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of mndude
I will be performing at a Fireman's ball.

So I'm wondering if it would be ok to do effects with fire, or if that would might offend some of the firefighters.
Cardestroy
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Cardestroy
It depends - I am from middle europe and I do believe that here it will be okay for them. Unless you choose very unhappy way to deliver the tricks, like claiming that you can control the fire, that could actually offend some of them since their work is trying to controlling the flames and they know how incredible hard it is and that they are risking their life for that.
You can easily move them on your side by one or two clever sentences where you will appreciate their work and you will not disregard their work by claiming that manipulation with fire is easy to do.
In my country I would even build the whole show story around firemans and I do believe it will be well appreciated.
You can start by claiming that in a years you learned the power of the fire - like physically destructive force and also like an important element in magic. You can claim, that you know some powerful spells containing the fire but you always respected its power so you actually never practiced them. But tonight, with crowd full of trained proffesionals you would like - with their kind permission - try some of this magic.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of mndude
Well, last year I did a show for NAACP, and I built my entire show around black culture (playing hip hop music, black colored props, etc.) And that did NOT go over well.

So now I'm extra paranoid about these things.
Tim Snyder
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
71 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2019, mndude wrote:
Well, last year I did a show for NAACP, and I built my entire show around black culture (playing hip hop music, black colored props, etc.)

Smile Wow!?!?!

Are you trolling us? It just seems odd that you would make this unusual post, after posting in another area about going back in time. Most professionals would know that the people you need to ask about using fire are the person who hired you and the venue you will be performing in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Would this offend anyone? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL