The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Saddle bags (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I had a nice pouch that I used for the loads in the cups and balls. It was ripped off with my close up case last years.

I remember reading in one of Don Alans books about saddle bags. For close up and streatching them accross the chair that you sit on.

Has anyone used saddle bags and where can I get them if they are on the magic market. Or would you be able to get them in a western shop that sells west cowboy boots etc...?
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I hear Frank Starsinic makes great leather items. In fact I know he does!

He just added a great pouch to his product line. Two of these with a strap between them (He has snaps on the bags already, so they can serve a dual purpose as belt pouches as well) would be as close as you'll get to real saddle bags, with the added plus that comes with having a magician design those "something extras" into the bags for you.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Thanks Dave!

Glenn,

Here's the link to my pouches.
In fact, the magic store owner in my town referrs to them as Saddle Bags! Funny.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/pouches/pouches.cfm?ref=cafe

Let me know if you're interested.
I've got 2 left before I need to have another batch made.

Frank Starsinic
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
First, I've used a set of "Saddle Bags" for my Cups and Balls Routine for years. It's my first choice of how to work when I know I will be seated. The Saddle Bags are not the real thing... and I made them myself. The main idea is that you have two small "cases" or bags connected by a strip of material so that you can put them across the seat of the chair you will be sitting on. Now you can easily get things in and out of them as you work. Mine have covers to keep prying eyes from seeing stuff like Final Loads. You'll find drawings of my set in my book: The Dennis Loomis Cups and Balls Routine.

I finally met Frank Starsinic in person last week over lunch in Sacramento. He brought along a couple of his leather products to show me. WOW!!! What a great craftsman Frank is.

He had one of his Dice Cups which was made in black leather with a black suede lining. It functions as both a Chop Cup and a Dice Cup. Gorgeous!!

And, he had one of his pouches. (Gib) The design and execution are just breathtaking! If you're a street Cups and Balls workers, one of these pouches is THE way to go.
Dennis Lomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Any tack shop will have them.
Or...do a google search.
You will find many.
Daniel Faith
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

I had a set of saddlebags made for Glenn. After looking at them, I think I want some too.

It was an easy customization of my regular pouches since they already have snaps on the back for the removable flap.

Basically, we just made an extra long flap with snaps on both sides. The long flap snaps to both bags and goes accross a chair.

So one can use this for saddlebags, or an over-the-shoulder pouch or hanging from your belt.

If anyone's interested, I'll snap a pic.
Frank

Here's the regular version sans flap.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/pouches/pouches.cfm?ref=cafe
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Just got my saddle bags made by Frank Starsinic... Wonderful job. Made well out of good leather - they should last a lifetime.

I had Frank make me two straps. One that is a belt so I can ware one pouch as an over the shoulder bag for when I do walk around.

I like to carry my loads for the cups and balls this way. It has ample room for the cups the loads and a small close up mat. And an extra pocket for flat card effects...

Then a fat strap tat drapes over a chair with two pouches snapped to the ends - and presto - saddle bags... This is for close up shows and when I do a lecture... As a sit down magician like Don Alan...

These are very well made and will work for any close up magician performing situation... From walk around to formal close up show.

Thanks Frank Starsinic !

I will be using them at the comming lecture in FL and in July at the Magic Castle...
Glenn Bishop Cardician

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Thanks Glenn!

What will you be doing at the castle?
Close-up room?

Frank
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I will be at the Magic Castle doing shows in the cloas up room July 19 -25th...

And doing my Magic Lecture on July 25th... At 2:00 PM in the afternoon...

Thanks for asking...
Glenn Bishop Cardician

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Glenn,

How did your show/lecture go?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Glenn's shows went great. Saw him twice, but missed the lecture. I heard GOOD REVIEWS on the lecture.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Thank you very much Pete... I enjoyed meeting you and wanted to spend more time together... The week was over way to quick...
Glenn Bishop Cardician

runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Don England made a GREAT set of "saddlebags" way back before they were well known at all. He probably still makes them. If you ever see my book with the photo of the big 12" coin produced at the table; it came out of one of Don's saddlebags. They are not leather (and don't need to be,) but are great to work with.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Saddle bags (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL