The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OPEN SECRET by Adrian Fowell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
312 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Https://youtu.be/P5-IgXnywzQ for a demo. It's also linked on my site at: https://qmagi.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fopen-secret

Basically this is my take on the Open Prediction plot. I wanted to have the card in the deck to begin with, have them be able to sign the selection and have no forces. Oof.

Effect

Two pieces of card are shown. One says 'Jack of Hearts'; the other 'Not The Jack of Hearts'.

Giving the spectator a deck of cards, the magician proposes a game of Deal Or No Deal in which the 52 cards will represent 52 unopened Deal Or No Deal boxes.

The spectator checks that the Jack of Hearts is in the deck (it is). In essence, it represents the Jackpot.

They shuffle and then, under the pretence of 'opening' the boxes, deal the cards into a face-up pile onto the 'Not The Jack of Hearts' card. At any time of their choosing, they must leave one box 'closed' - that is, they must deal one card face-down onto the 'The Jack of Hearts' card. Of course, if at any time the Jack of Hearts is dealt face-up, it's game over.

Once their face-down card is settled on, they sign its back, and it's placed into their 'Deal' box (the card case) for safekeeping.

They continue to deal the rest of the cards face-up onto the 'Not the Jack of Hearts' card.

Miraculously, after all the cards have been dealt, the actual Jack of Hearts has not been seen.

Their signed card is tipped from the card case and the spectator turns it face-up.

It's the Jack of Hearts.

Blurb

No forces
No stooges
Spectator shuffles prior to dealing
You do not know the location of any card in the deck at any time
The spectator does not know and is not 'told' in any way when to leave a card face down
No rough and smooth or similar - every card is dealt singly and fairly
Only one card - their signed card - in the card case
Easy to do
Red gimmicks supplied with online instructions - use your own Bicycle deck

Any questions, ask away.

Review copies are limited as this is a physical thing; to expedite the process and save me moolah, if you'd like one I would prefer that you are located in the EU. PM me.

Get it here: https://qmagi.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fopen-secret

Cheers

Adrian
cardistry master
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
I'm in the US so I guess this one's not for me, but I'm sure it will be great like Adrian's other stuff I've seen.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
312 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2019, cardistry master wrote:
I'm in the US so I guess this one's not for me, but I'm sure it will be great like Adrian's other stuff I've seen.

It ships worldwide, just review copies I would prefer to keep in the EU. Otherwise I'm looking at 20euro+ postage to send stuff quickly Smile - postage if you buy starts from 7.99

/end sales mode
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
Adrian, at around 1:25 of the demo, when you place the selected card into the box, you turn it over and it looks like a double-backer. I don't think that's really the case and if it were, I don't think you'd show it so openly. What's going on?
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
312 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2019, Jonathan1000 wrote:
Adrian, at around 1:25 of the demo, when you place the selected card into the box, you turn it over and it looks like a double-backer. I don't think that's really the case and if it were, I don't think you'd show it so openly. What's going on?

I don't turn it, I just twist it a bit to give it a wiggle; weird optical illusion though, I agree. In a real performance, that card is/can be signed on the back.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3487 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Happy to review it for you Adrian sounds great Gaz 🙂
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Hi Adrian. In the blurb it says that the spec checks the JH is in the deck, but in the demo you check and you don’t show us. Why is that? Was the card you outjogged a JH (or a card which could be shown to the spec at that moment to be so)? Cheers
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
312 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2019, AndrewI wrote:
Hi Adrian. In the blurb it says that the spec checks the JH is in the deck, but in the demo you check and you don’t show us. Why is that? Was the card you outjogged a JH (or a card which could be shown to the spec at that moment to be so)? Cheers

Yeah, in the demo I am being spectator and performer. In real life, the spectator sees that the Jack is in the deck - and you don't touch the deck after that point. Nothing is secretly taken away from the deck.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
312 Posts

Profile of drawfull
All review copies have been allocated and will be sent in the next few days. I will send those people selected tracking information via PM

Cheers
Adrian
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Hi again Adrian, sorry to ask another question, but you do say “any questions, ask away” And 30 euros plus postage across the world is a decent investment. So here goes:

I’m still a bit confused about the JH verification. Are you saying that you give the deck to the spectator and never touch it again. They then check through and find the JH in the deck. then they shuffle the deck, then they can deal them out? Or is the checking for the JH done before you hand them the deck? If it’s the former, I’m buying this despite the cost as that would be a very very useful gimmick/method for all sorts of effects!

Cheers
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
312 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2019, AndrewI wrote:
Hi again Adrian, sorry to ask another question, but you do say “any questions, ask away” And 30 euros plus postage across the world is a decent investment. So here goes:

I’m still a bit confused about the JH verification. Are you saying that you give the deck to the spectator and never touch it again. They then check through and find the JH in the deck. then they shuffle the deck, then they can deal them out? Or is the checking for the JH done before you hand them the deck? If it’s the former, I’m buying this despite the cost as that would be a very very useful gimmick/method for all sorts of effects!

Cheers

No problem re the questions.

It's the former. For clarity, they have the deck and are asked to make sure that the JH is present. Then they shuffle, then they deal. I do say in the blurb that you don't know the location of any card, and this is true, but you don't want the JH to be on the bottom. I cover this in the instruction vid anyway.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
312 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Should add as well Andrew, that this ships free as it fits in a standard envelope. I don't know why that wasn't showing but it is now. Smile
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Thanks Adrian, understood, and I’m buying this for sure! Cheers
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3331 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Anyone care to review this that got sent a copy
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
312 Posts

Profile of drawfull
First lot of stuff went out I think two weeks ago today, may have been the Monday, I don't recall. That included review stuff.

That said, I know of at least one reviewer that as of midweek still hadn't got his but I expect they will pop up shortly. These were all snail mail, Spanish standard letter, which I might begin to regret (I included the deck which put up the thickness).

Hopefully it's just slow and not completely crap. Lived here 6 years, only the 3rd or 4th time I've used it.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3487 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes mine is due any day now and I am looking forward to reviewing this as it sounds great Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OPEN SECRET by Adrian Fowell (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL