The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A Wordpress question.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RCarruth
View Profile
Loyal user
Spartanburg, S.C.
222 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
For those of you who have Wordpress sites.. maybe someone can point me in the right direction. When I publish a newsletter to my Wordpress site, I constantly have readers who write to tell me they don't see the new post. They see the cached version from a previous month. I know they can clear their cache, but sometimes even that doesn't help. I know because it's happened to me as well. Now, there is a link in the upper nav bar that says ' Clear Cache'.. and I click it after each post, but that only appears to benefit me. Is there a feature of Wordpress I'm missing or is this the cost of doing business?
Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4766 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not sure I can help, but I do have a Wordpress site. If you want to PM me your website link, I can take a look if you like.
RCarruth
View Profile
Loyal user
Spartanburg, S.C.
222 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
Thanks Landmark.. It's the web address in my footer...
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4766 Posts

Profile of landmark
Rick, that's a really great magic website with lots of interesting content. Thanks for pointing me there.

I see nothing strange there. Here's what I see as of 7:30 am NYC time 11/3/19: your latest blog post is dated Oct 29th; your latest 63 page pdf newsletter is dated Oct-Nov 2019; your archive of earlier newsletters is functioning well--I clicked on a 2007 one at random and it worked. Relatively ad-free--a couple of small magic related Amazon ads on the top right, and a small Wayfair ad on the bottom right.

Only anomaly I see is that clicking on the Lectures menu takes you to an "Oops" page.

Sorry if that doesn't help you too much--but I'm glad to have been introduced to your blog--I would definitely recommend that people check it out.
RCarruth
View Profile
Loyal user
Spartanburg, S.C.
222 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
Landmark.. I added a post since you visited.. ULTIMATE SELF WORKING CARD TRICKS: CAMERON FRANCIS EDITION – REVIEW on the Post page. If you go to the site now and don't see the post, you are part of that group that has to clear their cache to see it. If you CAN see it, then you're one of half that doesn't have to clear their cache. I really think there should be a way to prevent this, but I might have to go to a Wordpress forum to get a definitive answer. But, I DO appreciate your help and your kind thoughts.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2720 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I don't use Wordpress, but you might want to find out who's using what browser to see your page. It might be a browser specific issue.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A Wordpress question.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL