The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Shin’s Four Card TnR opener ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jpelzel
View Profile
New user
Texas
2 Posts

Profile of jpelzel
Just attended Shin’s show and his opener was a great audience participation effect where we got an envelope with 4cards .. we tore them in half, discarded some, traded some .. in the end our remaining torn halves matched ... anyone have an idea what the origin/details of this great opener is ?
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1211 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Isn't that in A Book in English?
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
cardistry master
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
I was at the DC show and he did the same thing I figured it worked some of the time because the whole row in front of me it didn’t work and for some people next to me it also didn’t.
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
It works all the time if the instructions are followed. That is the most important part of this trick - giving clear, concise instructions that people can follow. Also Alewishus is correct, it is in Woody Aragon's A Book in English .
jpelzel
View Profile
New user
Texas
2 Posts

Profile of jpelzel
Thanks Alewishus and Frank .. will take a look at Woodys presentation, I appreciate your help !
dj
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2019, cardistry master wrote:
I was at the DC show and he did the same thing I figured it worked some of the time because the whole row in front of me it didn’t work and for some people next to me it also didn’t.

Here's a similar routine that David Copperfield showed in one of his shows (34:30 to 42:15):
https://youtu.be/Z0mKROBCbDI

Darko
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
It is indeed Woody Aragon's "Your other half" from A Book in English. This was popularized by Penn And Teller who called it "Love Ritual." They too would have the entire audience perform this, and they even did it on an episode of Fool Us. I recall a recent episode of "Penn's Sunday School" podcast where Penn talked about how another magician (perhaps Shin Lim?) was doing this trick.
stevie c
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Solid effect because the first time you do it yourself it just feels fun, with a great kicker!!! Can concentrate solely on great routing and presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Shin’s Four Card TnR opener ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL