The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic and Showmanship (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TeddyBoy
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
304 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
I have no doubt that Magic and Showmanship by Henning Nelms is loaded with useful information for magicians, but the question I have is whether it is useful for stage magicians rather than close-up magicians, i.e., card conjurers. After reading only a couple of chapters I don't feel that the book is geared very much to the close-up card magician. Do you think that Strong Magic (Darwin Ortiz) or Five Points in Magic (Tamariz) would be more relevant?
So many sleights...so little time.
Cheers,

Ted
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
961 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
After studying that book, doing close up and stage, I would advise anyone to read carefully that book. I’ve always considered close up magic the same as stage magic, the stage being just smaller.

Of course, Ortiz books are a required study too !

Don’t forget Vanishing Inc has assembled a wonderful compilation of essential texts about the theory of magic. It’s more than 500 pages, and it is a free download !
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
304 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
Thank you.
So many sleights...so little time.
Cheers,

Ted
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic and Showmanship (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL