The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » A restoration box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Adam the Great
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Adam the Great
Hello, What kind of apparatus could I use to make one Christmas tree star, a solid star approximated at 8-10 inches, appear after place another exact star but broken into a few pieces. So basically what could I use to make a broken star disappear and then the unbroken star is revealed. Asking for a friend.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you use Gene Anderson Star paper tear, that he freely gives to anyone that visits his website, you would not need any apparatus. Just tear up the star, and use the method of the Chinese Laundry ticket method to restore the star.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
I'm sure there is a way... you could build something like the "joker box" that comes with the stratosphere type tricks. You could put the broken pieces into the top... loading them into the slot behind the door, and then when you open the doors the restored star is the one that appears.

I wonder if a silk cabby type apparatus could work? Or some of the mirror boxes that are out there?

You could also do a square circle.... maybe make the square resemble the stable even and you could even place the restored star on top of it? - How about this.... on the BA of the square circle.. you could have a nativity scene attached to the back.... (kinda like the old flanel-graph they used to use in sunday schools?). You start with the flanel nativity characters facing the back so the inside of the stable is empty. Now you do the routine... break the star... through star into the square circle and you can show the star is gone and the stable is empty. Now you make the star appear and you turn the BA around so you can remove the circle and you see the characters inside the stable. OR you could pull out nativity characters to place inside the stable? Hope that made some sense... I think there is a good idea in there somewhere!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Too much "box"stuff! Bill's suggestion of Gene's idea, is more practical.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2019, Dick Oslund wrote:
Too much "box"stuff! Bill's suggestion of Gene's idea, is more practical.

Well since the OP asked about a "restoration box" I was just trying to brainstorm and give him ideas. I thought the square circle idea had some pretty neat possibilities presentation wise but that's just me Smile
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Idea

Construct a fancy flat fold up star. Kinda like a folding bird cage or other such things. Use mirror coated paper.
Use a box that looks like something you would buy a star in.
The gim star is flat on the inside of the box to show box MT.
Do the trick by dumping out shards of mirror coated paper as if the star was smashed.
Put shards into MT? box and allow foldup to expand.
Voila!
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Or, put a black over a solid star.
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » A restoration box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL