The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Jumping Aces ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JohnnyShaker
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of JohnnyShaker
Hello everybody.

I whould like to know who is the original creator of this trick? ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhPr_MPUBc )
In the video I posted, Rich doesn't give any credit...

Thanks for your help.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6090 Posts

Profile of magicfish
That’s the whole problem. This thief is exposing magic that isn’t his and doesn’t have the decency to give credit.
It is Paul Le Paul’s.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
The original trick is called "Gymnastic Aces."
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6090 Posts

Profile of magicfish
At least he gave his butchery of it a different name.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
It's performed with little fanfare, but I wouldn't go so far to call it a "butchery". By Café standards it's perfectly competent.
JohnnyShaker
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of JohnnyShaker
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2019, magicfish wrote:
That’s the whole problem. This thief is exposing magic that isn’t his and doesn’t have the decency to give credit.
It is Paul Le Paul’s.

Quote:
On Nov 8, 2019, Rupert Pupkin wrote:
The original trick is called "Gymnastic Aces."

Thanks!
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8304 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Since I use only borrowed decks when working for laymen - and aside from my arthritic fingers (growing old sucks!) - most of the borrowed decks make it pretty impossible to interlace those top cards properly and quickly - I'll stick to my HaLo Aces --- stronger effect anyway in my obviously biased opinion (and experience).
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6090 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
It's performed with little fanfare, but I wouldn't go so far to call it a "butchery". By Café standards it's perfectly competent.

I can only assume by your comments that you’ve never seen it done properly. When I called it butchery, I was being polite.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2019, magicfish wrote:
Quote:

I can only assume by your comments that you’ve never seen it done properly. When I called it butchery, I was being polite.

Read the room. I was being polite about “Cafe standards.”
Tortuga
View Profile
Veteran user
Ballwin, MO
375 Posts

Profile of Tortuga
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2019, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Since I use only borrowed decks when working for laymen - and aside from my arthritic fingers (growing old sucks!) - most of the borrowed decks make it pretty impossible to interlace those top cards properly and quickly - I'll stick to my HaLo Aces --- stronger effect anyway in my obviously biased opinion (and experience).

Good points Harry, and personally I never liked the idea of doing it four times in a row. I don't think it is good procedure to do anything repeatedly. Mix it up, like Halo Aces.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Jumping Aces ? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL