The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spiritus Dictim Artifacts Goblet (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

OddFellow
View Profile
New user
Lewisburg, PA
37 Posts

Profile of OddFellow
I haven't seen any reviews on this item, but reading the history of SDA effects, I took a chance and bought one. I'm glad I did!

Pete McMillan is faithfully reproducing some of his great uncle, Oss Elias Mosis', artifacts that were left to him when his great uncle passed. This is great history for those of us who are historical nerds and like to use some of the documented old school effects in our routines.

Highly recommend for old school haunted seances. Plus, the goblet, a heavy lead crystal, 9 oz, can be used for other effects during a seance routine.

The item is well made and customer support is amazing! The box is handmade and leather/flock lined. Wand is very nice hand crafted item. The goblet is French leaded crystal.
This is a very old routine, using the want and string, the goblet is hung from the string and "rings" on reply from the spirits.
Kudos to Pete McMillan for keeping his family history alive and reproducing these items.

Again, I highly recommend this item!

https://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
979 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Scott, thanks for sharing this. I've been wanting a crystal spirit bell ever since I saw Rick Maue demonstrate one at Denny & Lee's in Baltimore many years ago. I didn't realize that Pete started to produce a version. I just sent him an email.

The beauty of the crystal spirit bell is that it is old school technology (no batteries or electronic, etc). Nothing modern about. And the method is undetectable. At one time I tried to make one myself, but lack the shop tools/experience to do it right.
Bob
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3321 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I have one and love it. Very simple and straight forward.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Dr. O
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
270 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Pete's items are first class and service to match. The ring from the glass/bell is subtle and eerie. Highly recommended.
OddFellow
View Profile
New user
Lewisburg, PA
37 Posts

Profile of OddFellow
This is a great effect...very classy...and as Dr. O said...it's very subtle and eerie. I have found that how you hold the want that suspends the glass can create different sounding "pings" on the glass. Really looking forward to incorporating this into my routine. Workmanship is top Notch and Pete has a lot of knowledge to share. I distressed my box so it looks like it was made in the early 1900's at the height of spiritualism.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
979 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Work, family, health and vacations all conspired again me following up with Pete until today. The call we had was delightful and most informative as we talked about the history of spiritualism during the mid and late 1800's, and construction details for the goblet set. It is always a joy to work with a craftsman that loves what he does.
Bob
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2475 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
While I don't have one of his goblets, I did pick up one of his spindles to use with my goblet.

Previously I just had a dowel rod. It did the job, but it wasn't pretty and I wasn't super happy with how it worked. The spindle is not only much prettier, it also does the 'work' much better than the rod.

Highly recommended.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spiritus Dictim Artifacts Goblet (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL