The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crimson Deck by Laura London and The Other Brothers » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1889 Posts

Profile of Titanas
This is a super versatile gaffed deck of cards. Your spectator fairly selects a card and then puts it back into the deck. When you spread the deck, suddenly there are only 51 cards. And where is their selected card? ANYWHERE you want! It comes ready right out of the box, but there is so much taught in the online instructions. Routines from Laura London, Nicholas Lawrence, and The Other Brothers. You can even do this, then end with your favorite card trick closer without having to do a deck switch.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=65897

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1406 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
The team have been secretly road testing this in the shop for the past few weeks and all agree it's one heck of a versatile gaffed deck of cards...
The winner for us.. You have the fun of a gaffed deck when you need it, but can then go right into your other favourite routines without the nedd for a deck switch... NICE!

MoM have it on the site right with FREE worldwide shipping from the UK here:

https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/crimson

Releases worldwide on November 18th
Hope this helps
Dominic
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
684 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Looks like the Mirage Deck to me
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2402 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2019, RickVancouver wrote:

Me too. Except it says there are 51 cards left in the deck. Unless this uses a do***le d***er to make the mirage deck. I would hope that isn’t the case as then I wouldn’t feel comfortable letting the spectator handle a single card.
AndrewI
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
In the trailer they say the spec can handle and shuffle the deck. If that's genuinely true then this is something new to me. I wouldn't let specs shuffle or handle my mirage deck.
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
684 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
A spectator can riffle shuffle a mirage deck because of the Svengali principle. They can also overhand shuffle because of the RF.
Can they? yes. Would I feel safe letting them? probably not.

So, if I create a Mirage Deck when they come out with a triple d***er, can I market it as my own?
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3385 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2019, RickVancouver wrote:

Not really, a Mirage or PEP deck has a very specific tell when you're looking at it. This clearly is not that. And it's bicycle stock so not a DD. It also says you can do regular card stuff with it.

In fact, I don't see anything that indicate that this is a forcing deck at all. I could be wrong, but I think it's something else.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18479 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Are they claiming that you can do ANY piece of card magic with this deck, and then go into the routines they show? Or is there compromise.

And...

What's the lifespan of this deck?
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Crimson Deck by Laura London.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
New user
Germany
78 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2019, Kaan wrote:
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Crimson Deck by Laura London.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan

Excellent review to make up our minds. Thanks, Kaan.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Agree yours and magic orthodoxy reviews hit spot on.No idea why anyone thinks it's a mirage deck.Clearly there is a force used.Which you wouldnt need to do with a mirage..Seeing the effects shown ..I'd say I could do the same ..With a d..... f....card and a normal deck .I collect Gaff decks I'm unsure if I'm picking this up ...I don't think tbh its anything special.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18479 Posts

Profile of IAIN
No one can make a card vanish from a regular deck, hands off
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
They can ...many ways to do that with gaffs.Get sharkey or anything that uses a little something..or even a d..f ..card.If you watch kaans review..The marketing blur is a bit let's say ..poetic license..Fairly select a card?? Err yes fairly select a forced card!!! ..Handle the deck ..yes well maybe one half of it ??? There is a force used and I'm sorry how can you say freely selected card.. A mirage deck I'd say freely selected card ...but you have to force a,card with this.. Dribble force so I'm afraid that is not freely selected.I do like the psychology though of starting with a deck of 51 cards to begin with.it has at least given me an idea..for a gaff deck that I made up not using anything..tacky!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18479 Posts

Profile of IAIN
No. if you do it with gaffs its not a normal deck.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4361 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2019, IAIN wrote:

technically the same if you use 51 cards as there are 52 in a regular deck.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18479 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2019, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:

technically the same if you use 51 cards as there are 52 in a regular deck.

Don't understand what you wrote, sorry Smile
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Quote:

I don't understand you either it is a gaffed deck ..it says so
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I think Dave is just joking and suggesting a normal regular deck consists of 52 cards so 51 cards makes it irregular and abnormal .
Meaning it’s no different than adding 1 card or putting in a Blue card for say Chicago opener which then gaffs that whole deck too .
We all know it doesn’t really with just 1 card added or taken away , this deck won’t be just 1 card so it truly is a gaffed deck Gaz 🙂
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1577 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
No one can make a card vanish from a regular deck, hands off

Adhesive on the back of the top card, do exactly what she does in the trailer, et voila...
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18479 Posts

Profile of IAIN
What's wrong with people...

How is that a regular deck?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crimson Deck by Laura London and The Other Brothers » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL