The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Audience member cutting illusion (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
How do you guys think this would play in terms of the kid volunteering knowing how it was done?

http://www.sliceofmagic.com/

Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I guess you just need to get a silent kid who won't tell. Or assign a kid before showtime. That is what I do sometimes for my levitation act with the birthday child or someone who will fit in my table.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Lou, I don't have that illusion but they bill it for an audience kid member to do, and, I would think it would be pretty clear the kid. Do you think they would realize it for sure? Or maybe, being kids, they wouldn't be sure?

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2469 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I don't know, but the ad reads

"the child has no real idea how the Illusion is performed."

And in this thread the creator addresses your question (isn't the search feature AMAZING?)
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=17
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
997 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I still want one. If someone wants to sell theirs I would be interested.
Mike Thornton
View Profile
New user
Canton, MI
100 Posts

Profile of Mike Thornton
I have intimate knowledge of this illusion, the participant will not know what is going on and does not need to be rehearsed ahead of time. This is a really clever illusion from Chris Murphy, the way it packs, the way it's built. Highly recommended!
David_N
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, England
82 Posts

Profile of David_N
The illusion looks amazing in the publicity. I used to have an old Jack Hughes 'Ultimate Divide', which is an identical effect and always got a good round of applause. The table was a nightmare to put together though with a lot of small bolts and wing nuts; took forever to set up. It's a pity Chris doesn't make a full size version. There are various plans out there but they all seem to work on an optical principle which means they are very angle sensitive.
KreyMagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of KreyMagic
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2469 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2019, KreyMagic wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNTyW3NX_yc&t

What's your point? We're not even talking about this rip-off
KreyMagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of KreyMagic
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2019, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2019, KreyMagic wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNTyW3NX_yc&t

What's your point? We're not even talking about this rip-off

This was developed by a French master and bought in France 9 years ago. It 's not stolen and not rip-off!!!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2469 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Right. Completely original. https://celebrity.fandom.com/wiki/Audience_Dismember

Anyway, back to what this post is actually about.
Mike Thornton
View Profile
New user
Canton, MI
100 Posts

Profile of Mike Thornton
Perhaps the Sponge does not notice the difference in illusions, different method.
KreyMagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of KreyMagic
These are completely two different methods and two different designs! I know what I 'm talking about! I only support the original supports! These two pillars have different authors, different methods and different design! There are no violations here. I don 't like people not figuring out deeply in illusion but just talking badly.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I believe the Russian performance is the exact same method, a dec***tive b**e. But exploited in a different way. I believe this one is from china magic.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22043 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2019, JamesinLA wrote:
I believe the Russian performance is the exact same method, a dec***tive b**e. But exploited in a different way. I believe this one is from china magic.

James, that sounds like you are trying to talk yourself out of the illusion. Personally, I think this is a great illusion for the local magician that wants to put an illusion in his show. It is compact, and looks great all the way though the performance. It will go over great in an audience of kids. The kids will go nuts over someone they know being sliced in half.

It is very deceptive, and will go over with audiences. Of course not magicians, as they know many of the principles involved, but they will be jealous that they did not find it first.

I once did my Abbott Chair Suspension for all the kids in a small town event. The auditorium was filled, and all the kids started talking, standing and stretching their necks to see the whole illusion. They were excited and could not believe their eyes.

Instead of laying the little girl spectator on the board, I had her sit on it, and positioned here in pose with one harm raised, and the other supporting herself by putting her hand on the board. It was sort of a model pose. When I passed the hoop over the board and girl, they even got more excited. The could not believe their eyes.

Don't underestimate the power of a good deceptive illusion.

If you are doing a lot of stage shows, I would invest in this one for sure. I think you will be surprised at the reaction it will bring to your audiences.

I am guessing that the kids or the spectator will know what is going on, unless you tell them. She is just getting into a box as far as she knows.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
KreyMagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of KreyMagic
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2019, JamesinLA wrote:

This trick (design and method) was developed by a French magician 15 years ago. 2 years ago, it began to be copied by the Chinese!
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2019, the Sponge wrote:
Right. Completely original. https://celebrity.fandom.com/wiki/Audience_Dismember

Anyway, back to what this post is actually about.

The Sponge, the illusion Alex Krey is performing is this one, created by Vostinic Veroljub https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgJncpj4JRw
KreyMagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of KreyMagic
Exactly! This is created by Vostinic Veroljub! That one bought from him! But the option with hands, it 's May personal high!
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
997 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
How much was that Krey?
KreyMagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of KreyMagic
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2019, Bairefoot wrote:
How much was that Krey?

I don 't remember exactly, it seems 1700-2000 euros.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Audience member cutting illusion (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL