The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Found an error in The Collected Almanac (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
158 Posts

Profile of sevenup
In the hopes of finding a gem, about a month ago I opened up The Collected Almanac. I came across the effect Number Numb-er by J.K. Hartman on pg. 319 and decided to make up the cards for it. Performed it a few times and then it happened on Friday that the prediction number did not match and was off by 27. In short, the effect is a stack of 20 cards with unique four-digit numbers on front and back are shuffled by the spectator and whenever they are done shuffling, the top six cards numbers are added up using the help of two spectators and that total matches your sealed prediction that was given to someone prior to the shuffling.

I have done this many times in practice and it worked every time so was quite surprised when it did not work in front of quite a few not so impressed onlookers. Later I examined all my cards carefully and determined all the numbers matched exactly to the ones written in the book. I then looked at the paper with the numbers that were written down in performance to see the exact numbers that were used and found that one of the cards with 3814 on one side and 6158 on the other was the card that caused the problem.

After doing a few calculations and verifying the results, I found that replacing the faulty card with 3824/6175 did the trick. So if anyone else is performing this, just thought I would let you know about the problem in the book and give you the solution for it.
If Max Maven has a drivers license, why doesn't he drive?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Found an error in The Collected Almanac (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL