The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cool little things (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
You know, sometimes spontaneous and unplanned things happen when you least expect them.
For instance... Last night, I left work early to stop by my friend Vinny's place and then on to Blockbuster to pick up a copy of Shade.
I had a small little gift for him that I had picked up at the pier about a week or so ago.
While at his place, he shows me some very nice new coin/card stuff he's working on and asks my opinion and stuff. Everything is cool and we're having a good time. Then we mess around with strike vanish and he helps me with my technique while explaining an improved quarter to pen cap that incorporates the Goshman pinch, etc.
After a little while I get going, with a few more things to work on as usual and I am on my way to Blockbuster.
So, I am standing there at the counter with Shade and a copy of The Cooler and guess who walks into the store???
Armando Lucero! In he comes, dressed casual and in thongs (sandals, you pervs) and his long black coat.
I imediately leave the counter and desert my transaction momentarily and say hi to him.He was very nice and pleasant and I told him how much I enjoyed his recent show in the close-up gallery at The Magic Castle. What a gentleman, just like he was after the show at The Castle. I mentinoed that I was renting Shade and he seemed surprised that it was out and I showed him where they were and then went back to finish my transaction and left. But, how cool is that ?
I was stoked and called Vinny back to let him know!

So, whats the point ? Well, if anyone else has any chance encounters or cool little things that has happened to them share it here !

By the way, after that encounter I have noticed that I can do any coin sleights flawlessly the first time I see it and try it! I'm so excited!!!

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Very good stuff! I've been wanting to meet with Armando for a very very very long time.

I think I'm the only magician in California that hasn't seen his matrix yet Smile

Chris
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Armando is one of the classy guys in magic. And I know you guys love his coin and card work, but he is a real deep thinker when it comes to magic.
If you ever have the pleasure to just sit and talk with him about his theory on magic then you will have a real treat... you'll almost forget to ask him about his matrix... but I doubt that.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cool little things (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL