The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PSYNC by Aaron Alexander (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
I realize that somehow I didn't post the link to Psync anywhere in this thread. Here it is.

Since this is going live in a few hours and there was no link, thought I'd share the other video:

You get to see the whole uncut video with James in the course, and how I did every beat of it.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2284 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Intrigued. "His work has been featured in some of the top acts in the world by mentalists, magicians, hypnotists, as well as other artists and performers." I've read that line in every blurb of his products. But no names. Who are those top acts? Anyone?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Keith Barry did the prologue of one of his books and he says that he uses it (the material of the book).

Jerome Finley has posted a lot saying that he uses a lot of Aarons stuff.

X

Cristóbal
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2826 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Sean Bott uses Bridge in one of his promo videos.

Nathan
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2284 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thanks!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2214 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Hey all,

I was very excited to see that Aaron has offered Psync.
The first I heard of it was on this forum when Aaron asked for volunteers to try out an early version of the effect and, like many of you, I had bridge and was familiar with his work I contacted him.

What I didn't realize is that he and I live in the same city, not only that he was performing at the local fringe festival. I mention this because there seems to be some confusion as to why some folks are interested in and excited by this piece and some who don't get what the big deal is. Watching Aaron perform isn't like watching a magician perform-- although he certainly uses magicians' techniques, and it's not like watching a hypnotist perform-- although he's certainly using suggestion in many of his effects. He is his own animal and the audience that was in the theatre that night enjoyed themselves thoroughly.

This wasn't part of the show-- but it definitely fits Aaron's type of routine. It's something that emphasizes Connection with the people he performs with, there's also an element of Empowerment that feels like it accompanies much of his work.

There is no reason to buy this if you want the magic effect: A spectator finds her own card. You already know 50 ways to perform that. I'd also argue that if you're looking for a cool card effect for your next walk-around gig this probably isn't it.

What excites me about the effect is that this was a new tool in the arsenal of what I would consider "Real Magic" that includes Pendulum Work, Magnetic Hands, the Swan, Contact Mind Reading and some of Aaron's other work like The Bridge and The Rope.
And Aaron has been pretty explicit about what this technique is on this thread. What's fun, and made me giddy-- and probably made James excited too-- is that this is amazing EVEN WHEN WE KNOW HOW IT WORKS.

I understand that I appear briefly on the video, I don't know what I said at the time, but it was fascinating to me that what excited me about the routine wasn't the same things that interested Aaron. For example, there is a handling at the end of the routine that allows the performer to add another beat to the routine and makes use of some psychology and sleight of hand. I thought it was really clever and Aaron modestly downplayed it as something obvious and simple. I mention it because despite being on a magic forum I don't think Aaron thinks like a magician. And that's not an insult to Aaron or magicians but I can see where there's great opportunity to do lots more with this routine.

Best

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1386 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Hi Aaron.
Can this be purchased on your site? I was unable to do so with any items there (payment links didn't work). I've reached out via the email address listed on the site and through FB, as well, but thought I'd inquire here in case you didn't receive those.

Cheers!
It's all in the reflexes.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1386 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Ah, disregard last message. I just saw your note that you abandoned all the previous hosting and that payment should be sent via email. I somehow overlooked it before.

Cheers.
It's all in the reflexes.
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
To all those trying to get this and having trouble, skip my site and go here: https://go.powa.academy/psync

I was teaching a seminar all weekend and didn't notice until yesterday that when I changed the pre-order I broke the link. You should sill be able to get it from my page or POWA now, but POWA will always work.

The bit Illucifer saw about ending hosting is for ebooks like Bridge and AQ only. I had stopped sharing my work in 2015 and for years was paying monthly to host the free ebook. Now that I'm starting up again I'll just send them to you personally.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1674 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I finally had a chance to perform this. It is a moment of pure joy to perform. It creates a genuine connection between you and the spectator. And it was magical to witness his reaction to what was happening to himself. It worked like a charm and it was just as fun for me as it was for him.

I can’t recommend this enough. If you’re looking for a cool card trick, this isn’t it. If you’re looking for a way to genuinely connect with another human and expand their perception of what is possible, (P)sync does just that.

Madison
Jed Maxwell
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Jed Maxwell
Any reviews from people who haven't been remunerated or given free product?
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
What do you mean by renumerated? People that bought at a discount during the pre-sale?

I bought it at the half off, but here are some preliminary thoughts:

I think this is really interesting and there's a lot of potential here. If you are looking for a 'spectator finds their own card' effect, you may want to pass. There are lots of other ways to do that. This isn't really a magic or mentalism effect in the normal sense of the word. This is more an interesting exploration and utilization of the ideomotor response, including some apparently new principles.

I think the effect itself is valuable, though some purchasers have felt that certain aspects could be described a little more explicitly. The good news is that the product is not just a one and done, Aaron is providing responses to discussion posts and it sounds like he's planning on creating an update video that addresses some of the questions and issues. The product is not a video, but rather an interactive teaching course.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2019, Jed Maxwell wrote:
Any reviews from people who haven't been remunerated or given free product?

Nobody here but me has been remunerated. BMWGuy paid for his copy, Madison and Dave were given access as part of a beta test that I used to fine-tune the method. They paid in their time and effort, and did so because they were purchasers and users of Bridge years ago. I usually do testing with a mix of experienced and inexperienced performers, they were among the experienced ones.

Update: There's been great feedback so far and I've gotten some videos of people doing it live. There have been some clear points that I needed to illustrate better, and so last night I did a small update to answer the common question so far. Like Lastlaugh said, it's interactive, so I get to adapt the material to the specific needs of whomever is learning, and get to make up for my skills shortfall as someone new to video instruction.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18808 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Though I've posted comments and received emails with a response, I can't work out where my comments actually go?! Who else sees them?
I've asked to be banned
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I see your comments Iain. Each video in the course has comments under them. Yours are under the vid with James Brown.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1312 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Good to see AA back and sharing his mind with everyone! Happy Thanksgiving all...
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18808 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
I see your comments Iain. Each video in the course has comments under them. Yours are under the vid with James Brown.

yeah, weird - just cleared my cache and its all there...thanks...
I've asked to be banned
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
868 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
AA is an amazing thinker. He creates real magic that enables one to truly connect with their participant. I was away and didn’t catch up, so I don’t know what this is. But I know one thing: I’m picking this up. Today.

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1674 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I shot a video of my performance of this the other day. I just wanted to share a small clip of it here for those on the fence.

Madison
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
751 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
1) it would seem from the videos that the participant is always attracted to the same point / area (to their right). Is this correct?

2) in what way having a participant feel a sensation in their arm toward a playing card allows you to create a connection with that person? And what type of connection is that?
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PSYNC by Aaron Alexander (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL