The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PSYNC by Aaron Alexander (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3001 Posts

Profile of 252life
Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2019, Maxyedid wrote:
1) it would seem from the videos that the participant is always attracted to the same point / area (to their right). Is this correct?

2) in what way having a participant feel a sensation in their arm toward a playing card allows you to create a connection with that person? And what type of connection is that?

1) No, they can and do go either way. The bias to one side is mine and I didn't even notice until I started editing videos. In the promo with James you can see it going to the other side too.
2) In the grand scheme of things, there's nothing special about a hand moving to a playing card. What I teach is about helping someone to be open to and engage with that kind of crazy experience and many others. I love the effect, but that part is much more valuable.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
745 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
I also feel that's more valuable, that's why I asked Smile Thanks!
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5133 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Aaron Alexander-(P)Sync is a glimpse into the mind of a powerful and fresh creator in Mystery Performance.

A highly needed force, offering a performance approach that offer us a lot of reflections about authenticity and the higher power of sincerity instead of deception.

My full review for this fantastic new release from Aaron Alexander is available at Mentalism Center
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18809 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Anything to divert traffic Smile
I've asked to be banned
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2186 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Smile now THAT is the higher power of sincerity....
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of dyoung
From Pablo's Mentalism Center: " Aaron Alexander is truly one of the most fascinating creators in Modern Mentalism for a simple reason; his Outer and Inner Realities are in complete harmony. By that I mean that everything that he creates doesn't need two simultaneous realities from the performer´s perspective.

Aaron Alexander-(P)Sync is a glimpse into the mind of a powerful and fresh creator in Mystery Performance. A highly needed force, offering a performance approach that offer us a lot of reflections about authenticity and the higher power of sincerity instead of deception.

What you do in your Inner Reality of methods, techniques and secret actions are not secrets. The Inner Reality becomes the Outer Reality.

There is nothing to hide, or either camouflage.
You are sharing with people a true sense of Magic and Mystery.

This type of harmonies are normal in Pendulum work or Readings, and achieving this in Mentalism is a huge universe to explore.

In my own work, I am constantly exploring new ways, and I can assure you that "deception" or "fooling" is less and less important in a world in which authenticity is needed.

Especifically, (P)Sync is a performative demonstration of connection in which thoughts are truly felt. You as the performer will feel your participant focused mind, and your participant will feel the power of his own mind in the process in a kinesthesic way.

I love how Aaron explains his work in two levels: The Physical and Interpersonal Techniques, which opens as a conceptual declaration the notion that I also offer at the "Four Technical Dimensions" Video Lecture

Aaron style of performance doesn't feel like a performance at all. It is a social dynamic in which interesting and mysterious event ocurr, without need of theatrical licenses. You are being a vulnerable human, showing something magical with other vulnerable human.

If you know the "Suggestion Force" from my book Ideas about Pendulums, you will find similar psychological aspects, which I am glad that Aaron found and explore in interesting ways.

If you want just a self-working trick, go elsewhere, but if you are interested not just in a new routine, but a new set of concepts and a fresh approach to the creation of mysterious and entertaining dynamics, I cant recommend this work enough!

Thanks Aaron to share with us your creative mind!"

Now you can read his thoughts here... Keeping it all in one place.

All the best,
Dan
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18809 Posts

Profile of IAIN
But there's no links to buy his stuff anymore!

Maybe this is a new thing we'll see here, pretend to write a review but just fill it full of links to your own products...
I've asked to be banned
Alex McFly
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Alex McFly
IAIN, which links do you mean? The links to POWA?

If I understood that correctly, did you buy Psync too? Do you think the explanations are detailed enough?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18809 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2019, Alex McFly wrote:
IAIN, which links do you mean? The links to POWA?

If I understood that correctly, did you buy Psync too? Do you think the explanations are detailed enough?

no, I meant Pablo amira's "review" that dyoung copy and pasted in...the review where it doesn't actually review the item in question Smile but contains three or so links to different amira products...

yes I bought Psync, and I've posted my thoughts on the forum they have for it... I think Aaron has added a new video since then, but I've not had chance to watch it... but I guess I could wait for Pablo's review of that too?
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18809 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Just looked, there's 4 new vids, one goes more in-depth on the feedback I gave...

He's also given us ant queen...not looked yet...
I've asked to be banned
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2186 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 5, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Maybe this is a new thing we'll see here, pretend to write a review but just fill it full of links to your own products...

No. PLEASE, no.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3001 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2019, IAIN wrote:

No. PLEASE, no.

In all fairness, we don’t usually bring much to the table either lol

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2186 Posts

Hmmmm. I would say that we are having the kind of talk men and women in Café's usually have: a combination of serious/relevant and just social dialogues. Some posts are certainly a lot more meaningful and useful than others, but a Café is also about having fun, socializing and kidding around. Pablo's post on the other hand seems to be a purely commercial effort, written under a false pretense. So I would say even our most useless remarks are more appropriate for the Café than his. Smile
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3001 Posts

Profile of 252life
No arguments from me Smile

-Theodore Annemann
ipe
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of ipe
Hi, other reviews of this product? Smile
What would a real mindreader do?
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3499 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
If you'd like to get a better idea of how Aaron Alexander thinks, I interviewed him on the latest episode of my podcast. We didn't directly discuss Psync, but you might well find it enlightening nonetheless.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/my......p=itunes

https://soundcloud.com/mysteryartspodcast/17-aaron-alexander
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
ipe
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of ipe
Hi Matt, I listened Aaron on your podcast. It was very interesting and enlightening.

And, by the way, thank you for your great podcast! Smile
What would a real mindreader do?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2186 Posts

I agree. Matt does a great job. He is a great interviewer, very knowledgable, genuinely interested in other people, eloquent and I like his sense of humour. TMAP is a gem. I became a patron.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3499 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2020, ipe wrote:
Hi Matt, I listened Aaron on your podcast. It was very interesting and enlightening.

And, by the way, thank you for your great podcast! Smile

Glad you are enjoying, thanks!

Quote:
On Jan 9, 2020, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
I agree. Matt does a great job. He is a great interviewer, very knowledgable, genuinely interested in other people, eloquent and I like his sense of humour. TMAP is a gem. I became a patron.

You sir, are a gem. Cheers to you.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PSYNC by Aaron Alexander (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL