The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Paul Voodini Books (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Hello everyone! I don't do bizarre magic, I mean I sell the effects that I do as them were real but not using the resources a bizarrist do, at least thst is what I think.

And I read an ebook from mentalistry (mentalism website) were Paul teached an awesome effect, it blew my mind with the simplicity and the reactions that it would have on the public.

So I became highly interested on the work of Paul, and as I prefer physical books I found this three:
The Complete MIdnight Side of the MInd
The Voodini steps
Danse Avec les Morts

Know the thig is which one I pick?
Could you compare the books (if you have more than one of them, if you only have one give it a brief summary)

ANY INFO will be apreciated

Thanks in advance!!

Sorry if I made a spelling error as english isn't my native language

Cristóbal
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Do you have much experience with suggestion or story based routines?

I adore Paul and his material. The thing is, though, that while the things he does which are based on mechanical methods are often very simple and extremely reliable, he also has no qualms operating without any kind of safety net as it were. Much of his material is accomplished by force of personality as they are 'methods'.

I use his tarot routine regularly, and I have used elements of his past life regression routine (I believe that one's Midnight Side of the Mind) quite frequently as well.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
I use a lot of material that doesn't have a safety net

I implant suggestion (maybe indirect suggestion) in almost everything that I do (I try).

IN the eyes of the seer the routine that Ive read of Paul I just thought that is perfect.
The method is that there is not a method (only the people that know will know) and I just thought that is one of the best Psychic demonstrations you could do. It just has brilliant thinking behind it! I mean I don't worry to fail on everything
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Sorry if I made any error, I think that my posts are understandable though
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've asked to be banned
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
You think that one is the first I should read?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I don't know anything about you so can't recommend any specific one...

There's this list too
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1060153
I've asked to be banned
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Thanks for the replies, I will probably read midnight side of the mind first...
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
On the occasions I have emailed him, I have found Paul to be very helpful. You might want to reach out to him and ask for his suggestions.

When I did a seance last month for a party, I was heavily influenced by his dare-to-fail approach. It went over well.

Patrick
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2019, Mr. Woolery wrote:
On the occasions I have emailed him, I have found Paul to be very helpful. You might want to reach out to him and ask for his suggestions.

When I did a seance last month for a party, I was heavily influenced by his dare-to-fail approach. It went over well.

Patrick

Will try to contact him

Thanks for the help!
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2019, Mr. Woolery wrote:

Patrick

I contacted him and he responded immediately thanks for the info!!
Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
I own several of Mr. Voodini's works and I can tell you that each one is money well spent! Midnight Side of the Mind is nothing short of genius! With that said, I deny any responsibility for your addiction to his works. Once you buy one Voodini work, you want them all.
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2019, Snoogans wrote:
I deny any responsibility for your addiction to his works.

I will have to keep that in mind...

Cristóbal
dclxvinyc
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of dclxvinyc
I can vouch for the quality of Paul's material. It's effective, unique, beautiful, and relies very little on sleight of hand or technique. It you approach his work with techniques you already know: so much the better. If you're looking for a nice sampling of his work, I would highly recommend his penguin lecture. You'll learn some great effects and get a good taste for his style. The books you mentioned are all so different and stylized, watching the lecture may give you a good metric on what it is you'd like to focus on.
Feel free to DM me if you want to discuss anything in particular about Voodini.
actorcoop
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of actorcoop
Paul is not only an incredible thinker, he is also an outstanding writer and presentationalist. His work sits right on the edge between magic and Magic, the deceptive and the spiritual, the real and the unbelievable. All of his books require an open mind, and a will to truly create an experience for your spectators, querents, etc.

Midnight Side is wonderful, especially if you enjoy suggestive and hypnotic work. But there is more subtlety required for MSoM than some of his smaller tomes.
*I knew you were going to read this
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
He also wrote a good vampire novel.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
The best thing about Paul is his performance comes 180 degrees out from others that are known as “bizarrist” By that I mean the trick is only a punctuation mark in the text of the story he weaves, rather than the culmination of his performance.

His Midnight Side of the Mind contained information that others would not warn you about, and because of that I was able to turn a very dark situation that was way out of the script of my performance into a helpful session that allowed the sitter to confront some very deep seated conditions. If it had not been for Paul addressing this very possibility I would have hand not way of successfully addressing the situation to make a positive ending.

Because the approach is so much unlike the magician performing spooky magic and more like a shut eye presentation without claiming powers, the result is a much more powerful show that takes place in the sitters mind as they participate rather than the more pedestrian view of observing a trick.

His more specific topics are a good thing to have in the performers tool box, however you can tailor your library to what interests you at the moment.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Paul Voodini Books (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL